XLIII: My Commiserations

Vee Vivis

Yes, I'm still alive. How can I not be alive?

I listened to Mark crying while silently standing at the opposite side of the curtain that separates his bed from the others. His cries sounded so painful that I wanted to tear away the thin piece of cloth that prevents him from seeing me. But the two women inside strongly insisted me to hide until they can give a signal for me to finally show myself up to Mark.

I had been unscathed from the very beginning. There's only some soreness in some part of my body after I have wrestled myself with that woman who was far more stronger than I am. It turns out the woman herself was a retired weight lifter. No wonder she can easily knock out a man's senses if she wishes too. It was too damn scary and I was glad the authorities came before something worst can happen. The gun shot heard was a warning shot from the police. Mark passed out after getting hit from the head so he might confused the events that happened after that.

I was also the one who carried him to the hospital after calling Pran, alerting our friends what had happened. Kana was fuming but he was subdued by the other two. He still needs to go with me to give my statements to the police. We left Mark to Jane as he was already stable and being tended to by the medical staffs in the emergency room.

Seeing how restless I was, Kana made me return to the hospital right after I have finished given my statements. I left Pran with him trusting the other guy to calm Kana down as he talk with his fan that had caused all this trouble.

I was surprised to see Mark's ex-girlfriend, Saya hanging out with Jane in the waiting room while Mark's wounds was being stitched by a doctor. She appeared to be as beautiful and intimidating like the last time I had seen her but she had greeted me differently unlike before. She was more subtle and a whole lot friendlier compared to her old self.

Jane was also a little uncomfortable with her around and sighed in relief when I came back. She once expressed her dislike for Mark's ex-girlfriend saying she could never make herself accept the girl. But after seeing the sadness and sincerity to the other girl's eyes, Jane became more relaxed and tried to listen to Saya's explanations. She also told us that she came right away after hearing the news from Kana. It's a good thing she's already in Tokyo and has access to a private plane. One of her many perks for being a top grade idol.

We talked for a bit while Mark was unconscious. She told me she was sorry for what she had done to me and Mark before. It was her selfishness and obsession for Mark that made her that despicable. She was regretful of her actions after seeing Mark suffer and became an empty shell after the two of us broke up. She told me how Mark was when he came back to Japan. Even if she and Kana wasn't there most of the time, they were fully aware as to what Mark had become. He became more detached from those people who truly cared for him, drowned himself in alcohol every night  and played loosely with some random girls just for fun. Saya had expressed how worried they were for him. This things were all contrary to what Mark had said to me. He told me he was doing better without me. And Saya just said the total opposite.

After Saya had finished telling us her story, I told them how my attempt to win Mark back had gone down to the bin. The two girls who appeared to be much closer to one another now can't believe what I had told them. They strongly believe that Mark's feelings for me never diminished for one tiny bit.

This whole set up in deceiving Mark was schemed by the two vicious women who didn't stop to convinced me to go along with their wicked plan until I finally agreed. They believe that the act would show us Mark's true feelings when stimulated by the unknown. Well they were careful in choosing the words they said to him. They didn't straightly told him about me dying. They simply refused to answer when Mark started to question them about my whereabouts. So technically, they never lied to him.