XL. What The Heart Truly Desires

Mark Masahiro

Credulous! Why am I being so credulous? I can't believe I'm acting all jealous and tolerant under P Vee's undeniable charm even after being parted from him for over a year.

"Mark? Can you give me another chance na? I promise you this would be last time I'll be asking for one. If I mess up again and hurt you in the future, then it would be my lost. But after losing you for a long period of time, I don't think I would be turning my back from you ever again. So please Mark. Give me another chance. Give 'us' another chance, nah?"

I can shake his grip off of my scarf easily if I wanted to, but my extremities grew all weak from staring at his handsome face that was imploring for my attention. His eyes wallowing me into submission that I almost blurted out a straight yes if not for the noise created by a group of tourists passing us by. Their loud and excited voices brought me back to my senses remembering that P Vee and me are still out in the open staring at each other's eyes in a very unseemly way while standing too close to one another.

With the use of both of my hands, I pushed him on his chest putting a reasonable distance between us. Some of the tourist girls were eyeing us suspiciously. I tried to compose my self and P Vee did exactly the same.

"Aw! I was busy dodging people around me while the two of you flirted in the open? Aren't you two so shameless?" Kana came trudging towards us followed by Pran and Jane. Even if he was wearing a mask and a funny looking bonnet, I can tell that he was frowning at us. Pran has a smirk on his face while Jane was looking all thrilled seeing the two of us alone together.

"Shameless? And what do you call that goofy disguise of yours?" P Vee mumbled an insult to Kana. The other narrowed his eyes on Vee.

"You are not even invited here."

"Why? It's not as if you paid everything for me."

"But I did." Kana was all smug after seeing P Vee widened his eyes.

"I can pay for myself." P Vee tried to revive his pride.

"Shut up you two!" I finally interrupted having enough of their bickering. It has been awhile since the two last bickered with each other but it was still unpleasant to hear.

"Mark, I'll get a room of my own." P Vee turned to me speaking as if it was a matter between life and death.

"We got three rooms already P. One room for Jane, one room for Kana and me to share and the other for..."

"You are sharing a room with Kana?" I was interrupted before I could even finish telling about the room assignments. P Vee's reaction was half way between disbelief and anger.

"Is there a problem with that Vee? Mark and I does that all the time." Kana pointed out feeling proud of himself. P Vee was silence for a minute before sneering evilly at Kana.

"Really? You do that all the time and still gets friendzoned? How ironic that is." P Vee's handsome some exhibited the mock he just said. Kana can no longer utter a single word to get back at him.

"Are you two done? Can we go now?" I said in a boring tone when the both of them finally shut their mouths.

We first went into a nearby skiing mountain site. Pran, Jane and P Vee were too delighted to try the sports as they immediately engaged into playing after hearing a brief orientation from the instructor. Me and Kana joined them laughing everytime one of the three stumbled on the snow. Kana laughed so hard when P Vee tripped on the board and landed face down after trying so hard to come after me. Then I found myself helping him up and guiding him by holding his hands until he was able to do it on his own. It was overall a fun experience especially to the three of them and we didn't stopped playing until our stomachs complained.