|41| Pray for the Sinner

Chapter 41: Pray for the Sinner

___________________________________________

A/N: LITERALLY. PREPARE YOURSELVES.

whatever yall do... do NOT by any chance, skip this chapter, cause this is like the peak of this book.

Recommended music to play in order:
1. In the woods somewhere- Hozier
2. Play with fire- Sam Tinnesz , feat. Yatch Money
3. Life ain't fair (instrumental) :on SoundCloud

Warning: Gore Content
___________________________________________

It had indeed been a while since the last time the air carried such similar eeiry calm of the night shrouded with a mysterious veil that invoked nothing good.

Although the streets ran with joy and laughter, beckoning the New Year with a warm embrace, there was not one among them to pause and stare... To stare at the bustling crowds, past their cheerful smiles and their bodies... eyes remained, burning and unblinking, inchoherent whispers leaving their throat, before disappearing in response.

The air had grown chilly... and it didn't have anything to do with Winter.

The Bronze-Gold blades battered, moving in unison, solemnly yet gracefully.

He rose far above the ground, far above them all, standing taller than the buildings and the clouds... He stared down as if he were staring into the abyss... and it didnt look any different, it indeed looked more or less the same.

Jungkook didn't feel liberated, in doing what he did.

His eyes were cast low, his lips clamped shut as the frosty wind stirred up by his wings, cloaked his naked upper body, unblemished and toned.

Jungkook slightly clenched his jaw and  lowered his chin, his eyes following a trail of a faint heartbeat, that moved further and further away from the inner city.

He let out a soft sigh, turning his head to look up at the sky instead, when he could no longer distinguish the heartbeat amongst the rest. His irises looked darker, filled with unspoken anguish- but as always, they looked docile gazing at the vast greatness where the Almighty rested.

Vast and Great... indeed.

But never answering.

He, was a being who had lived through centuries of war and famine, descending the throne of Hell, morphing and distorting, through time. The blood in his veins was both, Filthy and Divine. And he was stronger than most of his siblings, regardless their lineage.

He was but a, refined Silver Angel that was banished to the depths. A ruthless Punisher that was now feared by all pure and sinners alike.

But still... in the end- when Jungkook would feel lost, his eyes would dart up to the sky.

Like a child separated from his mother, Jungkook would search through and through, wishing...

Wishing for someone to answer him.

But no one did.

No one would.

It was always quiet.

Jungkook closed his eyes, his broad wings folding as he tilted back, his back forming a graceful arc and then he dived, falling from the heights like a dew-drop of the early dawn sliding down the blade of a leaf.