|5| Ain't no fingers for ya

Chapter 5: Ain't no fingers for ya

___________________________________________

Taehyung tapped his fingers on the counter, a little impatient but he waited calmly as the lady prepared his drink.

Taehyung necessarily didn't like coffee- the taste was absolutely revolting. But as years passed and he got pressed down into his college years and his job- coffee certainly did help.

It tasted horrible- but it kept him awake.

Taehyung didn't catch onto much sleep the previous night- for reasons unknown, he just laid awake on his bed, staring at his ceiling as hours stretched.

His thoughts were nil, drifting a little back and forth but he had his senses strong enough to bar himself from drifting much into the past.

He didnt want to think about that.

But when he'd close his eyes, he'd feel an odd feeling pass over him. Not anything of the past... not a memory. But these particular thoughts from the previous night, it felt like a nightmare- like a deadly snake curling up his legs... or he'd hear the whispers of his name- a soft enticing voice... or he'd simply see two blazing red orbs, for eyes that would stare at him.

Taehyung really couldnt sleep after that.

He wasn't a believer and certainly called the existence of ghosts, vampires, witches, demons whatnot a Church Sham- but he could still get shaken up, from something that didnt seem so humane- so it was just a natural response, to be afraid of what you cant understand.

So there he was, in a mildly crumpled shirt and a jacket pulled over with hair a little bit of mess and eye bags under his eyes, with an everlasting scowl plastered across his face as he waited for his drink in Dunkin' Donuts.

After what seemed like an eternity, the lady returned with his drink.

"Have a good day sir" she said sweetly, her smile wide but her eyes wavered, a little scared.

It was understandable.

Kim Taehyung had this kind of effect on almost everyone.

Taehyung hummed, mumbling a 'you too' and stepped out of the place, with his drink in his hands.

He got into his car and slammed the door shut. He put his drink in the cup holder, while he strapped on his seatbelt.

He switched the gear, stepping onto the gas pedal as he steered out of the parking lot.

Taehyung kept his eyes on the road, focused. He yawned a few times when, stopped at the red traffic light- but his focus remained steady on the road, as he drove to the station.

He got out of the car, with his coffee in his hands and locked the car.

However, his gaze immediately spotted a flashy Bentley Convertible parked in one of the sides.

Taehyung frowned.

He was already feeling grumpier than usual on the day- and now he had more reasons to be pissed of.

It had been a whole month, since the last time he had seen the Armani Crackhead and while at the time, Taehyung felt relieved thinking the other had forgotten about the whole 'partner' thing and lost the two-second interest.

Taehyung was glad- really. He was mentally celebrating the whole month from not hearing about getting a partner.

But now looking at the car- Taehyung could already picture the shameless smirk and a distinct 'hello Detective Kim'