|55| Caviar be damned

Chapter 55: Caviar be damned

__________________________________________

A/n: Helllooooo

I know I said this would be 2k word limit as a pt2 of the previous chapter but then I tossed it away and turned it into a whole 6k word count full chap cause I'm a material gworl like that—

Ahaha don't skip this chapter.

Recommended music:
•Prelude in C# minor -Audiomachine (this song is like a constant theme for this book lol)

• Lips on Lips - Tiffany Young (for the second half of this chapter all the way to the end of it)
__________________________________________

Orange had swallowed the skies, the clouds puffed like ruffled feathers. The air was crisp, blowing north and bristling bleeding blossoms of Spring. Dusk drew in closer as did the Dark Night, like a familiar guest that shouldn't be invited.

The dark veils quickly trapped what was left of the last rays of the Sun and a figure swooped below, graceful at the tips of toes. The deep colored robe hid away the unfettered strong wings under the layers, letting little to no divinity spilling out.

The Silver Angel glanced back at the vast Skies, eyes gleaming with a shade of deep gold and then turned away, walking out of the alley, with clothes and a face of disguise no different than any passing mortal. Bones morphing and and frame growing taller to impersonate a stranger.

The streets were loud, echoing, but not quite. There was not one who stopped to stare at the Immortal who had blended amidst the crowd.

The distance remained short, legs drawn to pick bigger footsteps. The Silver Angel stepped into the dilapidated establishment. The lights were flickering and the walls were of a dull shade of lime. The building reeked of age and mold— but a faint rancid scent seeping in through the walls remained even more stiffling.

The figure passed by the sleeping mortal man on the register and walking straight up the stairs and down the short aisle of the third floor. There wasn't a hint of life in the gloomy hallway, the lights continuing to flicker in desolation.

The Silver Angel stopped outside a shut door, the putrid scent far more stronger than it was before.

Eyes, holding no emotions– the Silver Angel clasped onto the knob and opened the door, stepping into the eeiry dark of the room.

The All-Seeing golden eyes, despite the fake skin of disguise remained- cautious and not completely at ease. The Silver Angel, never is.

Although the room seemed empty, the rancid smell hadn't died out. Clicking tongue, the Silver Angel flicked his wrists, and a sizzling thin white blade- almost as thin as the spine of an arrow slipped out of his sleeves.

A slash in the wind and curtains ripped, as did the furniture that burst into splinters.

A 'creak' arose from the behind and the figure slashed in the direction, the movement as smooth as fluid and the wardrobe cut open halfway through, revealing another figure who slumped out falling flat onto the ground.

"Ah... as merciless as ever my fellow Divine conspirator—" The figure rasped out, peeking up at the Silver Angel with red irises.

"Go a little easy on this one." The Demon chuckled, sitting up with his back against the wardrobe.