|47| A Golden chalice to lips of Ember

Chapter 47: A Golden chalice to lips of Ember

___________________________________________

A/N: hellooo

Recommended music for the latter half:
•Cheating on you- Charlie Puth (slowed version)

Happy Reading yall♡

___________________________________________

"What?!"

Silence permeated into the air, a deep frown settling onto the Detective's features.

Johnny chewed his lips, his hands resting on his hips. He gave away a scoff and then proceeded to heave a sigh, averting his gaze from Detective Kim, who was seething underneath his skin.

"Well... that just happened."

Taehyung was baffled, it hadn't even been a whole minute, since he had stepped into the Department and someone had already chosen to ruin his day.

"What did the Lieutenant say?" Taehyung questioned, walking beside the man in the bustling hallway.

"What could he say?" Johnny rolled his eyes "It was a direct order from the Committee, ofcourse he had to comply."

Taehyung eyed the new faces in the hallway, his eyes dark as he watched them carry out stuff.

Gritting his teeth, Taehyung pushed open the door and the bustling environment almost knocked his head over. He didn't pause to stare anymore and bee-lined his way to the Lieutenant's office.

He knocked at the door and pushed it open only when a crisp, 'come in' elicited from the other side.

Taehyung still looked pale, although healing, the rate of recovery was brutally slow. His usual disheveled state added to his appearance, making him look more sickly than he was feeling.

"Lieutenant." Taehyung called out, looking at the man who was seated in the chair, whilst avoiding the obvious gleaming eyes of another in the room

"Detective Kim, you're on recovery leave." Lieutenant Mingyu replied, firm and undeterred.

Taehyung clenched his teeth "I am feeling perfectly fine but as of right now, I'd like to know why the detainees are being taken away."

An insidious chuckle wafted up fron the black haired man, seated opposite to the Lieutenant.

"Detainees being taken away?" Superintendent Lee Minki guffawed. He glanced back at the Lieutenant and then turned to look at Taehyung. With surprise etched onto his face, he continued "Detective Kim, you're mistaken, it's not just the Detainees that are being taken away..." he paused "you are off the case."

Taehyung stilled.

He blinked, wondering if he even heard it right.

Minki, however holding no sense of perception, continued, enjoying the taste of the whole turn of events. "Infact the whole Seoul Department is, the Reaper's case will be taken care by a team of specialists out together by the Government henceforth..."

The Government?

Team of Specialists?!

What the hell is a Team of Specialists?!

Taehyung couldn't hold back the scoff that left his throat. Although the action was disrespectful and this was something he didn't want to act out infront of the Lieutenant, he couldn't just help it. Minki elicited a kind of rage within Taehyung that was unknown to the man himself.