|59| An ugly neighbour from Hell

Chapter 59: An ugly neighbour from Hell

___________________________________________

A/N: Ah hi, it's been a while ♡

The following chapter has alternate switch of POVs, I hope you don't mind

Anyway, Happy reading♡

___________________________________________

Taehyung scrolls through his phone, pausing at few news outlets of Busan. He reads the headlines, lips jutted and eyebrows cinched. He tries to focus and fails, the obnoxious slurping beside him sends him reeling in his chair.

"What?" The red haired man barks when Taehyung looks over.

The Detective doesn't reply immediately, averting his gaze back to his phone.

"C'mon spit it out" the man drawls and Taehyung resists the urge to roll his eyes. He fails, again and rolls them anyway.

"Aren't you sticking awfully close to me today? What's going on Jimin?" Taehyung narrows his eyes.

Jimin shrugs and continues to slurp the sickeningly sweet drink in his cup, all the while keeping his gaze on the Detective.

Taehyung sighs.

He doesn't remember much of what he did last night after he blacked out, but Jimin has decided to hover about him.

"Is this some game Jungkook has set you up for?" Taehyung asks, pushing the churn in his guts deeper.

The Demon leans on the counter, elbow resting on the smooth surface and head resting on the palm of his hand as he peers at the Detective.

"Tell me Taehyung, do you dislike Jungkook?"

Taehyung frowns and glances at the red haired man "what is this conversation even about?"

"You sound like you do" Jimin points at him.

Taehyung huffs and averts his gaze "I don't... hate him. He's just.. annoying... sometimes."

"Sometimes huh?" Jimin grins "I know I know, you told me last night. I wanted to confirm if sober you, would say the same."

Taehyung purses his lips, not daring to ask what else he had said— he doesn't have the heart to know it.

Silently he crosses off Jimin's name off of the list of drinking buddies.

"You still didn't answer why you're tailing me? That is, if you're even doing that—?" Taehyung pauses at a question, expecting for an answer but the Demon only grins.

"I am tailing you" Jimin confesses with a nod.

"Ah— huh?" Stumped, the Detective watches the red haired male incredulously.

"Much easier said than keeping it hidden" the Demon waves his hand. "We cannot have two snobby truth-keepers in your life, one's far more enough."

The Demon was very confusing, a little deceitful too probably. One moment he'd withdraw any and all information, not letting a slip out and other times...

Taehyung stares, doubtful

"I am a much better person than Jungkook, aren't I now, Taehyung?" The Demon smiles smugly, eyes crinkling with mischief as he lays his head on the counter.