|64| Heart lay naked, for your eyes to see

Chapter 64: Heart lay naked, for your eyes to see.

_________________________________________

Hiii!!! Sorry for the late update, I fell into my annual slump and was not in a great mental space to carry out any of my hobbies. But Aha I'm back! And with 10k!

Happy new year♡ hopefully I'll finish this book by this year (lol. Jk I will) 

Recommended music: 
• Maybe I was boring - Wilbur Soot [for first whole half]

• Shape of Lies  [from marked]

• dancer of the Boreal Valley- Yuka Kitamura
• deacons of the deep - Nobuyushi Suzuki

WARNING: the following chapter consists triggering themes, for the last half so tread with caution!

▪︎ Animal cruelty/death
▪︎ stampedes/accidental death
▪︎gore
▪︎mentions of blood/mutilation
▪︎implication of physical violence
▪︎violence 
▪︎death by fire
▪︎more gore.

I hope I ain't miss nothin— but uh yeah, happy reading♡

Whatsoever DO NOT SKIP THIS CHAPTER

_________________________________________

Life, although a beauty isn’t serene at all times. There are moments of regret and pain, which overwhelms any desire to hope, to thrive and Taehyung remains a witness to those cruel emotions that cling at him, sneaking in when he’s in despair. But when his feet touch the ground, a tipped sole to the soft grass, he flinches- unsure at first, his entirety rattled. His hands remain clutched around the strong shoulders, that supports his weight silent and patient, all the way.

Taehyung lowers himself to the ground and as if struck conscious, the softness under his shoes moves- breathing. The Detective furrows his brows and almost instinctively removes his shoes, his idle hand gripping onto a firm, milky wrist.

Taehyung feels the grass under his bare feet, the way they slip between his toes when he wiggles them. A gust of wind follows and the mortal, finally lifts his gaze to the sky of orange and pink hues, letting go of the man behind him. He takes few steps ahead, enchanted. His mouth hangs a little ajar as he takes in the whole place in his mind, standing on a beautiful meadow that stretched to the ends with a stunning sunset caressing the edges. The lavender hedges and the dewy haze accompanied with golden streams of light, blinds his vision for which he simply finds himself failing to close his eyes, fearing he’ll miss a moment.

Taehyung feels something crumble within his chest that he has to clutch onto it, exhaling out loud.

do you like it?” a warm voice asks him and Taehyung has to physically restrain himself from releasing a choked sound.

He swallows instead, unable to lift his eyes from the surreal sight before him and even more so ashamed, thinking he had seen it all before when he was a clueless mortal. There was not one hint of human infrastructure, no sky-high buildings or the concrete jungles. Even the air seemed unlike any other- it was just air… but, so much different, cleaner. Surrounded by an abundance of greenery, that seemed to never end and the sky overhead where in one side the sun set, the other had millions of stars peeking out from the veil. It didn’t matter if it was still bright on the other end, spirals of million little clusters seemed to glow in their own right.