|42| A Pied Piper's tune

Chapter 42: A Pied Piper's tune

____________________________________________

Hi!!!♡♡♡

_

Recommended music to play:
Yearning for Dark Shadows- Brian D'Oliveira...  
cause damn the way this fits and you can loop over this song all the way to the end of this chapter....

____________________________________________

The dark clouds had receded itself to its coasts, taking away the ominous winds along with it. The awful cries and the stench of blood that had arisen the night before, had long seeped deep into the crevices of Earth, leaving no trace behind.

The city stood still, hanging by a few strands of mere minutes to unveil the first dawn of the New Year.

Scents of incense, wrapped with hopes and wishes drifted into the air in its own anomalous manner and to his eyes, that blazed golden watched the seamless sky even from down below.

Namjoon blinked slowly, the golden rims of his irises burning somberly. He lowered his gaze and let out a soft sigh, the white armor on his back glowing tediously- not too bright, not too dim either.

He then shut his eyes and the armor, that seemingly appeared to be alive but dormant- unfolded itself, spreading wide with a flash as bright as a stark-white lightening beam and the Silver Angel dissipated into fine dust.

When Namjoon's feet finally touched the ground of his destination, he could already hear the commotion simmering down on his presence.

The sheer white blades, folded behind his back, retaining its low glow- as he stood tall before them all, his eyes running downing each and every one of them gathered. They momentarily lowered their gazes, bowing their heads to the newly arrived Silver Angel and then finally stood straight, looking ahead, appearing headfast and strong.

"You may begin..." Namjoon spoke, his voice firm and clear, looking at the Silver Angels.

The commotion before Namjoon's arrival, had been long burned down, rendering the Silver Angels in an uneasy silence, now that they knew that they couldn't be careless with their words any moment from forth.

The troubling ones in the back who were loud a minute ago, gazed down at the earthy mud, digging up a small pit with their shoes and occasionally glancing up to see, who would be next throwing words into fire.

The few of those who were far younger and new, remained quiet and anxious, taking quick glances at their elders who they rarely ever spotted back at Silver Gates.

And then, there were those who stood calm and collected, like a Taoist monk on a journey to enlightenment, with their eyes closed, almost as if meditating. Nothing too appealing to the eyes, but then again the air around them swirled with cold intimidation.

"Brother Namjoon." A strong voice interrupted from the rows where the calm and collected stood. Stiffling silence followed, the fissure in the tense atmosphere deepening when a tall and lean figure stepped out. Silver Armor strapped to the chest and broad shoulders, with ash grey feathered wings serving as a cloak.

Eyes glowed of a radiant golden. Nose bridge high and sloped, with dense curved brows drawn below the temple. Hair, evidently short, but it didn't hide away the small hints of femininity from the face, regardless of the fact that the Silver Angel appeared more masculine.

"Last night's events have uprooted several instances that neither you, nor can I explain to the Council, yet we all know in what direction it is pointing at..." Yinan paused, her eyes piercing like clear shards of tinted glass