|66| He who herds the Sheep to Hell

Chapter 666: He who herds the sheep to Hell

__________________________________________

Welp hi ?!

Disclaimer: the following chapters contains mentions of blood and body mutilation.

Recommended music:
Nidstång - Apoptose
•Gloria Regali - Tommee Proffit, Fleurie
•Beyond the Horizon- Olivier Derivere
•Caestus Metallicun- Guillame David
•Protectors of the Earth- Thomas Bergersen
•Guardians at the Gate- Audiomachine
• Icarus- Ivàn Torrent. Julie Elven
•Flesh and Bone- Black Math

Happy Reading♡

__________________________________________

Hoseok keeps his hands wrapped around himself, his fingers clutching onto the fabric of his shirt, trembling against his ribs.

His lips are pursed tight and tongue pressed between his teeth. It is difficult, to keep his eyes peeled open- even more than so when he had to stalk the Demon infested streets. The wind whipped him in the face, his feet bloodless cold.

He's not sure what ounce of bravery shone out from him, to befall such a dangerous and insane task.

Hoseok looks up, where the Angel flies overhead him. The Divine being, was bright like a beacon, their wings cream white and armor ladened with silver. And with the strength of a single arm, the Angel had held out onto Hoseok's collar.

This wouldn't have been much of a predicament if he were a cat grabbed by the scruff of his neck, but much to his fear, he was mortal- and for the fact they were literally several hundred meters above the ground was enough to make his legs go numb.

The thought of one of those winged demons showing up, didn't help either.

He prayed desperately, for his collar to hold, that the stitches would stay and the fabric wouldn't tear. Not that he expects to be dropped- not by a Divine Angel atleast, his faith assures him that... but that doesn't settle the unease in his heart.

The Divine being is intimidating and Hoseok is very much fearful, keeping his words respectful and as concise to the point as possible.

He doesn't question the need to fly up overhead, when he was the one who begged to tag along to find his friend. The Angel was hesitant, Hoseok noticed but eventually gave in so there was no place for him to complain about it. Even if this would be the worst ride of his entire life.

The Angel cuts a sharp turn and Hoseok tenses under the grip. If he lets out a squeak of repressed distress, then it is nobody's business.

The Angel glides down in circles, the speed reducing in gradual succession until they touch the ground.

There is no moment to rejoice on meeting soil. As much as danger lies overhead, it multiplies by tons on the grounds they stand. Hoseok understands why they traveled the distance through flight.

The atmosphere from few blocks away from the heart of the city is in a much desperate state. The air is suffused with rotting stench unlike any before, that makes his knees buckle to the ground.

The air is warm, Hoseok notices warmer than it was out in the city's perimeter. So was the asphalt under his palm. He wipes the sweat off his brow with the back of his palm.