|44| Thirteen

Chapter 44: Thirteen

____________________________________________

A/N: Ayo!! Sup yall?

^♡^

T/W: mentions of blood. And a possible.... ... .. possession?¿
____________________________________________

The cloaked figure descended the rail of stairs. Footsteps, neither heavy nor light but cautious and careful at the same time.

The dark hood covered half of the figure's face, leaving only the lips and chin to be seen. The raven tufts of the robe, slithered unambiguously on the floor, serving its sole intention of hiding away its wearer.

Although, shielded by the dark fabric, the figure huddled within it, could be found visibly grimacing on the first hear of the tune that danced in air, like a cursed rhythm full of irony.

Teeth in a grit, the figure pushed open the door, the hinges creaking as it did and the cloaked figure stepped in, the stench of blood and metal oozing into the enclosure.

The hums grew louder and the chains hung over the poles, clinked against each other to resemble a haunting chime drifting down a cursed mountain, ominously. The source of light was scarce and to top it off, they all flickered from a damaged fuse. The golden-orange haze emitting from them, moved dazedly in an unordered manner as if being split into thousand pieces all at once. The moths drawn to the brightness, buzzed and slammed themselves against the blazing hotness of the bulbs, where few had already either fallen or burned themselves to their deaths on the impact.

The cloaked figure cast a pair of gloomy eyes onto the visible hunched spine, hidden behind a couple of misty curtains. The only characteristic feature that greeted the figure's eyes, was the individual's inky black hair. The man behind the curtains, as expected didn't pay any attention to the newcomer. Hands busy, the hunched man, continued with his work, metal scraping with a few faint slosh of flesh and blood.

The cloaked figure, listened to the agonizing sounds until it finally itched the ears to a point, where the frown on the figure's face deepened drastically, teetering between anger and disgust.

"Well well... look who's here" A sneer slipped into the air, and the cloaked figure slowly turned to the direction of the voice.

"..." the cloaked figure remained silent, not replying to the darkness.

"I thought you said, you didn't want to walk anywhere near me, what brings you here today, esteemed Silver Angel?" The Demon chuckled mockingly, stepping out of the dark.

The said Silver Angel, hidden within the folds of dark robes looked up, irises glowing golden.

"I don't appreciate your methods. Killing mortals was never a part of the deal." The Angel spoke, tone sharp and deep, cutting through the atmosphere like a knife against flesh.

The Demon snorted, shrugging nonchalantly, he walked past the Angel and leaned against the wooden table, smiling evily. "I told you not to question my methods... if you want me to carry out the job."

"Then explain it to me. Why?" The Angel asked, jaw clenched and irises sparking a shade brighter.

The Demon instinctively shrunk back.

"Ah! Ahhh ha- don't get too hostile now" the Demon chuckled nervously, hands propped up "we are in the same boat. Ha ha. Same. Boat. Remember that."

"Cut your act off." The Silver Angel steeled in. "Silver Gates is cautious now. The fact that they haven't acted, doesn't mean that they aren't aware."