|38| A Reunion of unlikely sorts

Chapter 38: A Reunion of unlikely sorts

___________________________________________

A/N: lost track of words with wanting to squeeze in the set of events in one chapter and wrote over 8k. Yeah- *sighs*

i had been excited to write this chapter but then I faced a writer's block and had to delay... but, I love how this chapter turned out omg....

Sweetness overload at the end- ;-;♡
___________________________________________

For many days, Seoul Police Department struggled amidst the chaos. It seemed as if they were put down on a paper boat, against a torrential rainstorm of tumbling hopes and utter despair.

It wasn't easy... the relentless pressure from both- the public and the media that had set down to the streets, despite the control and cooperation, was nothing but slash of shame and incompetence to the whole face of the Department.

The news of the horrifying serial murders, had long passed through the barriers, invoking interests from lot more foreign nations than it would have.

If anything, it was disappointing... shameful even.

But amidst the chaos, a ray of sunshine had finally sparked up over the blizzard-ridden days.

Maybe it was how Hoseok would simply say it outloud sometimes, 'God hasn't abandoned us...'

And although, Taehyung was no longer a believer, he couldn't help but subconsciously agree...

Maybe... maybe that's what it was.

He pushed the door open to the sturdy white interrogation room. His eyes flickered towards the one way-window that casted his reflection.

Pulling onto the lapel of his jacket with one hand, he gripped the file with the other.

His gaze then drifted down to the man who was cuffed to the table. His face was grim, his eyes dark and foul with hidden madness. His hair was slicked back, to reveal his face that held fine lines of aging- but it didn't conceal his odd charm, showing the man may have been handsome during his youthful days.

Yet, the sneer he wore on his lips- the same sneer, that every convict with ties to the bearer of hush-money proudly wore, was a little too aggravating even for those who watched the interrogation unfurl behind the one-way window.

"Han SoJoong..." Taehyung somberly called out, dragging the empty chair to take his seat opposite to the man.

Taehyung read out from the file"...aged 38, charges for robbery, illegal importing, illegal production and distribution of illicit drugs, lethal drugs, Deceit, Arson, attempted murder charges..." Taehyung looked up, his face blank as ever "..tax evasion."

"These are the charges filed against you from the past 15 years." Taehyung continued, folding his fingers on the table.

"For someone who graduated from a prestigious university of Science, why would you go about and create something as lethal as DrugD2?"

SoJoong returned his gaze, just as calm as the Detective.

"Is that what you all call? DrugD2? I was hoping for something creative at least..." he mocked, not letting go of the sneer on his lips.

"And why would I create it, you ask?" He chuckled, throwing his head back leisurely "who knows?"

"All great villains were great men, exceptional, brilliant... you could say, I looked up to them haha"