|17| Quite a bit of a Charmer

Chapter 17: Quite a bit of a Charmer

__________________________________________

Taehyung pulled up in the parking lot, his fingers slightly colder due to the cool aircon in the car.

He stepped out, fixing his jacket as he locked the other's car (as in, Taehyung was driving Hoseok's car) and walked around the vehicle to join Hoseok.

Stepping up, they headed into the building. The glamorous marble floors and expensive antique chandeliers greeting their sights.

"Its my first time here-" Hoseok spoke first.

Taehyung hummed along, spotting the receptionist who sent him a knowing glance- that seemed a little too suggestive but Taehyung wasn't close to being even slightly interested in the woman.

The Detective had to sigh inwardly-

Maybe everyone who worked under Sinner were indeed a little too... questionable.

Taehyung couldn't blame them- they were all Jungkook's picks afterall...

The two walked towards the common elevator that led to the club rather than choosing the one that would take them straight to Jungkook's penthouse, as Taehyung wanted to painfully avoid any worst case scenario like- having his religious bestfriend witness a fucking sex party- which his unfortunate soul, sadly had to go through.

Pressing the button on the panel, the two Detectives stood adjacent go each other, waiting patiently for the elevator.

Taehyung stood still, mentally hoping he wouldnt have to lose his patience while Hoseok looked around, admiring the place.

Much to focusing on his inner peace- it was disrupted quite quickly when Taehyung heard somebody walk over, speaking loudly over the phone.

Hoseok quickly moved to Taehyung's side, to avoid blocking the path for the pretty-faced woman.

"Ah- I know right?!!" She scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"I feel pathetic doing this but seriously Jisoo I dont even care at this point. I can't believe he is refusing to see me! Me!! Like??? How the hell can somebody refuse me?!" She exclaimed, walking into the elevator as the doors dinged open.

"Maybe he's a little unhinged but whatever-" she snorted, looking at her nails.

Taehyung kept looking ahead, same as Hoseok- trying to not pull attention.

Taehyung pursed his lips, feeling a little smug from having a clear idea on who the woman was talking about-

Sure, the brown haired woman was indeed beautiful- but then Taehyung wouldn't date her type. She did seem a little too clingy afterall and Taehyung never did good when it came down to that.

On the other hand- Taehyung had to admit, whatever perfume the woman was wearing, was overwhelming his senses and his brain was bolting straight to a migraine in the confined space.

This was getting a little too frustrating now.

The woman sighed once more.

"alright then I'll let you know how this goes. Bye!" She smiled, correcting the bangs on her forehead before she hung up on the call.

Taehyung frowned inwardly.

It hadnt even been a decent five seconds since the woman hung up and he could already feel her intense gaze on him.