|16| Unanswered Questions

Chapter 16: Unanswered Questions

_________________________________________

A/N: as you see, I'm still alive :)

_________________________________________

Taehyung sighed looking at his reflection, water dripping down his face, his eyes tired but retaining its vibrant deep black shade.

He bent down, splashing water on his face again and then stood up straight, staring at his reflection..

It was 5:50am- a little earlier than his usual schedule, but Taehyung couldnt really sleep anymore.

If there was anything worse than seeing corpses and blood in nightmares- was those blazing red orbs that haunted him every night.

Nightmares and dreams worked in a peculiar way- on the most, one can never dream about something spontaneous that one has never experienced in their lives.

For an example, in those dreams where you're falling from a height and crashing beneath, one's body jerks awake because their mind cannot comprehend or imagine of what comes after death-

It surely is one of the many favourite picked instances for the concept- Taehyung knew this better... but then he couldn't understand why was he even seeing two flaming balls of crimson red in his nightmares- something that he doesn't recall to have seen it anywhere-

Brushing his thoughts away from his mind Taehyung once again splashed water on his face and wiped it with a towel.

Avoiding looking at his body, Taehyung quickly slipped into his track pants and pulled a plain hoodie over this shoulders.

Tying his shoelaces, the Detective grabbed his phone, pushing it down his pockets and stepped out of his home to go for a jog.

Taehyung spotted few early birds outdoors who were exercising just like him.

His gaze remained on his path, focused and unwavering but unamused at the same time- like always.

Nearing to the endpoint of his daily 15-minute jog around the district, Taehyung slowed down on his feet- only for his senses to flare up to catch onto a sheen gust of wind and faint footsteps.

Swiftly turning around, a stilling silence resonated back to him.

Taehyung squint his eyes searching through the faint fog layered street, to find anything suspicious that had triggered his senses.

There was definitely something or someone who was tailing him-

or maybe it was just in his head-

Taehyung sighed, shaking his thoughts away and turned on his heels, departing from the deserted eeiry street.

Deserted- for his mortal eyes.

But the looming figure simply watched the odd human walk away.

Interesting indeed, he admitted.

A sparkle of curiosity igniting his brown eyes, only to morph into blazing golden.

His slender finger twirled around the faint red thread the odd human left behind on his trail.

A connection-

A faint connection with the Devil himself-

Not strong, but faint- as faint as a strand of a single hair.

How peculiar.

The silver angel hummed, reeling in the red thread between his fingers as his brain crammed up- trying to figure out the questions that had sprouted out of nowhere-