|26| Temptation, as sweet as his skin.

Chapter 26: Temptation, as sweet as his skin.

__________________________________________

A/N: um surprise!! I guess?

__________________________________________

Taehyung wanted to believe his ears didnt hear it.

He wanted to believe, it was simply in his head.

No- this is too sudden.

Too sudden.

There was somebody else watching too- this can't be happening.

"Oppa.. it is you right? I know- I know it is you" Her voice rang through.

No- he didnt want to listen to her.

He didnt want to listen to any of them.

Not this time.

Definitely not this time.

Taehyung blinked, snapping out of his trance, he softly gulped- immediately letting his hold on Jungkook's shirt drop, drawing his hand back to himself.

Exhaling slowly, Taehyung turned to face the woman.

Hair auburn and eyes- a prettiest shade of brown. Her skin pale, but her cheeks remained rosy from the approaching winter. Her nimble fingers were clasped tightly, the off-white sweater clinging loosely on her frame.

"Areum." Taehyung responded, his tone calm but he couldnt help but curl his fists on his sides.

It felt like it had been a dream.

All the memories, the fun, the pain, the trauma- it all felt like a long dream that seemed to have ended just way too abruptly.

The silence was somber, the atmosphere heavier.

Taehyung felt the suffocation claw at his throat.

"Ah- you're... you're here to visit HyunWoo?" Areum nervously spoke up, a little awkward as she tucked a stray strand behind her ear.

"Mm" Taehyung hummed in response, lowering his gaze- feeling another pair of curious eyes boring a hole in his back.

He glanced back at Jungkook, who wore more of a normal-expression, but his eyes seemed evidently curious.

Taehyung pulled his lips into a taut line, his eyes shifting to the cemetery exit and then back to the raventte, a subtle indication saying 'get the hell outta here'

Jungkook's eyes bulged out of confusion, his index finger hovering to his chest and then pointing towards the exit.

Taehyung's eyes narrowed down and Jungkook frowned on response, shoving his hands into his pockets and tilting his head away, but not moving an inch.

Taehyung sighed. There's no use.

"Did you- did you arrive today?" She asked, eyes filled with mixed emotions.

Taehyung looked back up, unlocking the tight grip of his jaw "no... I've been around since yesterday a-"

"Then why didn't you-" Areum cut in, taking few steps ahead but then immediately shut her lips, finding Taehyung's gaze on her.

She exhaled softly and took another step ahead, her hands firmly clutching the sides of her long maroon-red skirt. "Then why didn't you attend the memorial?"

"You know my answer Areum." Taehyung replied coldly, wanting to leave already. "I dont want to see any of you- I dont want to see any of this... I'm here for HyunWoo and just him. There is no reason for me to meet anybody else."