Pt. 14

(5 years later) Naruto pov:
Finally today's the day we get to know who's on our team. To bad Y/n won't be on my team she became a jonin 4.5 years ago and joined the anbu 6 months after. I haven't been able to seen her much over the last few months but maybe she will come hang out for a bit later.

Y/n pov:
I've been stacking my schedule with missions so I can take a while off and just be a kid again. Being in the anbu is great and all but it's so much and I've been rising through the ranks for 4 years and now that I've solidified my spot as an anbu captain I can take my time.

"Lord Hokage, I've finish my mission and I was wondering if I could take a few months off to be a kid again, have some time to myself and improve my medical ninjutsu?"

"I was actually going go give you about 6 months off before I have to send you on a big mission"
"May I ask what mission?"
"You are to join the akatsuki."

Wait, what?!
"Why?"
"We need someone on the inside to make sure they aren't planning to attack the hidden leaf. There has also been talk about the akatsuki wanting to recruit 'the dragon' which is you." "Ok, I'll do the mission but I want to tell a few people that I'm not a traitor so if we are to ever face each other they won't get hurt."

"Who?"
"Kakashi, Guy, Asuma, Kurenai, Shikamaru, Sasuke and Naruto. I don't want them to know the specifics about the mission but I just want them to know I'm not a traitor."
"That will be fine. You are dismissed"
"Thank you Lord Hokage "

Hmmm I can't tell them now but I'll tell them about the mission later. Ohh auntie Kurenai an uncle Asuma
"Auntie!! Uncle!! Hi!" I ran up to them to hug them.

"Hey Y/n"
"Hello Y/n how was your mission?"
"Good, I have the next 6 months to myself so I'm just going to train and maybe help out at the hospital. So what are you guys doing?"
"We are getting our genin team, and if I remember correctly it's your old class. So there is no way in hell you are getting off easily for the next few months you're helping us train our teams, kid."
"Really Asuma? She needs time to herself."

"No it's ok Auntie, uncle Asuma makes a good point I should help train them and motivate them"
"are you sure?"
"Absolutely! Oh and is dad getting a team and is uncle Guy out?"
"Yep and nope" Asuma answered
"Ok, thanks I'm going to se uncle Guy! Bye!" "Bye Y/n be safe sweetie"
"See ya kiddo"

I haven't seen uncle Guy in a while, last time I was in the village he was out with his genin team. Uncle Guys team is pretty cool, Neji is a good sparing partner but he won't stop going on and on about destiny, Tenten has helped me build my weapons arsenal and weapons summoning even though we do it in different ways and Rock Lee is a great training buddy and motivator even though he keeps asking me out. All in all they are a good bunch.

"Uncle Guy!!"
"My beautiful spring flower! How was your mission?" Guy asked as he lifted me up an a huge bear hug
"It was pretty good"

"Oh hey Y/n! Nice to see you again."
"Oh hey Tenten, what's up?"
"Oh nothing much just a bit of training, how about you?"
"Oh I'm just taking a few months off"
"Really? That must be nice to just kick back and relax for a few months."

"Haha, that and doing work at the hospital was the original plan but things change. Oh by the way where's Neji and Lee?"
"They went to do laps around the training grounds they should be on their way back now"
"Hello beautiful spring flower!"
"Well they're here now."
"Hello Y/n"

"Hey Lee, Neji! What's up?"
"Oh nothing much, we just finished training and Lee would not stop talking about you coming back from your mission today."
"Yes, it is true. I was excited to see you again" "Aww, that's really sweet Lee. It's great to see you guys again, but I should get going so I can meet my dad before he gets his genin team. I'll see you guys later!♥️"

At this time of day I'm sure dad will still be at home, this will be a great chance to get a snack.

"Im home!"
"Hey kid, how was the mission?"
"It was good. I have the next few months off actually"
"Oh really, I'm sure you've heard by now that I am getting a genin team."
"Yes I have, I've decided that I'm going to help train them. By the way who's on your team?"

"Oh a certain Haruno, Uchiha and Uzumaki,"
FUCK