Pt.31 start of shippuden

An:
Our girls new look. Plz ignore the bad artistry I just wanted to get the point across
(i did draw it)

Y/n pov:
3 years, it's been 3 long years since I've taken the mission to go rogue. Don't get me wrong the akatsuki has been great, they've become almost like my second family but it's still not the same. Everyday there's a burning hole in my heart the just can't seem go away.

I haven't been able to see anyone since that day I was able to go home. Naruto left to train with Jiraiya, Sakura is training under lady Tsunade and Sasuke went rogue. He let the darkness take over, that damn Orochimaru, I should have known better, I should have tried to get rid of the curse mark.
"Y/n! You coming?!" Deidara yelled pulling me out of my trance
"I'm coming! Give me a sec!"

I was assigned to a mission with Dei and Sasori to capture the 1 tails. Apparently this jinchuriki is the kazekage, not that it really matters, I'll just have to keep the akatsuki from getting Naruto. It wasn't my mission to protect other villages, as much as it may hurt to just stand around, I honestly have no other choice. I have to keep them off of Naruto or else everything is over.

No pov:
Sasori, Deidara and Y/n made there way to the hidden sand village late at night. As soon as they got to the entrance Sasori and Deidara slaughtered every ninja in the path except for 1 the the traitor Yura.
"I was sent on this mission to help, remember?" Y/n asked.
"Well you can help later, kitten" Sasori said, although being used to the nickname it still made her embarrassed and flushed.
"Go now Deidara and don't keep us waiting." Sasori continued as they walked into the village.
"Fine, fine" he created a clay bird and took off.

Deidara found 3 lookouts and promptly blew their heads off with clay spiders. He found his way to the top of the Kazekage tower.
"Infiltration, successful"
"That's as far as you go"
"Ohhh, so this is the 1 tails jinchuriki, huh?"
Gaara stood there with sand swirling around him. The instant the sand started to flow more violently was the moment Deidara jumped back up to his clay bird. Gaara's sand trekked after him like a hungry dog chases a bone. The original large cluster of sand split off into 3 lance's continuing to follow him.
"You're pretty good aren't you, heh." Deidara smirked. Gaara got onto his sand following his opponent into the sky.
"That jinchuriki must come in handy, doesn't it?" Many sand ninja made their way to the rooftops including Gaara's brother Kankuro.
"Well so much for a covert operation, well at least this way I don't have to go looking for you."

Already getting 'annoyed' (as much as Gaara could get) he pulled sand from the ground below and combined it with his own sand and created a sand tidal wave over the village and then turned into Shukaku's claw to defuse Deidara's explosions. 2 small yet very fast clay bird made their way past Gaara's defenses, or so they thought, Gaara's sand set up a dome around him stopping the attack. While that was happening Gaara also created another dome of sand trapping Deidara inside. But like normal, Deidara is way to stubborn to give up, he
blew a hole straight through the sand dome and released himself. Gaara tried to capture him again but was unsuccessful, Deidara flew into the sky on his clay bird but got his left arm caught in sand and ripped off.

Having enough of just sitting around y/n opened a portal to Deidara so she could heal his arm.
"Ayy, Deidara what the hell did you do to get your arm ripped off!?"
"Hehe, well-"
"No matter, allow me to finish this fight you're only going to injure yourself more"
"But-!"
"Please don't argue with me."
"Fine"
Y/n took off her cloak.
"Please hold it for me, I don't want to get it dirty."
"Ok, oh and nice outfit" Deidara said admiring her.
"Thanks, it's new, I got it custom made."
Y/n then jumped down from the bird sprouting a 1 black and 1 white angel wing from her upper back.
"Shadow style: soul extinction"

"Gaara!!!" Kankuro screamed out for his fearing for brother's safety

Gaara stood on a dissipating platform of sand, he put up a barrier keeping off the worst of the blast, but he was hit by the remnants of it. A few seconds after the sand platform gave up and Gaara's unconscious body started to fall to the ground. In the nick of time y/n caught Gaara's in her arms like a baby and flew off following Deidara.