Pt.33

Sakura pov:
I hobbled over to lady Chiyo dusting of the dirt from being kicked into the caves wall.

It's been a little over 3 years since the night Sasuke left. Now seeing Y/n again that wound has opened back up. Not just because we have to fight but because of what Sasuke said. He wants her like everybody else did and still does. She's so strong, beautiful and kind, I'll never be like her, she's perfect.

(Flashback)
"It's the middle of the night, what are you doing hanging around out here?" Sasuke asked.
"This is the only road out of the village."
"You should go to bed."
"Why Sasuke?" Tears started falling down Sakura's cheeks
"Why do you never tell me anything? Why is it always silence with you? You've never shared a single th-"
"Why should I have to tell you anything?" Sasuke said stopping in his tracks.
"Just keep your nose out of my business. It's none of your concern."

"I know you hate me, even in the beginning you could never stand me. Remember? Back when we made genin and we where assigned to our 3 man team. We where alone together for the first time, right here on this very spot. You got so mad at me that day."

Flashback within the flashback:
"Think about it, he just does whatever comes into his head. But if you don't have parents to tell you how would you know. He's selfish and bratty, he's all alone."
"Hn, alone, isolated. It's not about your parents scolding you. You have no idea what it means to be alone"
"W-why are you saying that?"
"Because your annoying."
(End of the flashback within the flashback)

"I don't remember that."
"Huh...Yeah, sure, it was so long ago, right? But still, that was the day where it all began. It was the start of you and me, and Naruto, and Kakashi sensei, and even y/n." Sakura tried to smile through the pain and her tears, but she continued Anyways.
"The 4 of us started going on missions. It was rough back then, everyday was such a challenge. But more then anything, it was so much fun. I know about you clan Sasuke, I really do. But seeking revenge, that won't make anyone happiness, nobody at all. Not you and not me."

"I knew it. I'm not the same as you. I'm traveling a path that's incompatible with the rest of you, even Y/n. I know that the 4 of us have worked together and for a time I thought that I could take that road instead. But in the end I've decided revenge. That's always been my reason for living, I'll never be like you, Naruto."
"Don't do this Sasuke, you don't have to be alone. You told me how painful a thing solitude can be, I understand that pain now. I have family and friends, but if you leave like y/n, it would be the same thing for me, as being all alone."

"This is a new beginning, each of us has our own path ahead of us."
"Sasuke! I'm so in love with you I can barely stand it, if you would only be with me I promise I'd never let you regret it, everyday would be a joy. I can give you happiness. I'll do anything for you Sasuke! So please, I'm begging you, don't walk away! I'll even help you get your revenge, I'll do whatever it takes to make it happen, I swear! So please just stay here with me, and if you can't, then take me with you."

"You've forgotten to take into account the fact that I don't want to be with you, I never will. I have someone else who could give me all that I'm looking for, but she's not here. So stop trying to convince me to stay, there's nothing left for me here."
"It's her, y/n, isn't it? Dammit!! It's always her and it's always going to be her! She'll always come first place in your heart, won't she?Damn her!"

"You haven't changed, you're still so freaking annoying" He started to walk off
"Don't go Sasuke! If you leave me I'll scream-" Sasuke show up behind Sakura shutting her up.
"Thanks, for everything." After that he knocked her out.
(End of flashback)

No pov:
Sasori's cloak ripped up exposing the puppets back and Sakura was ripped out of her reminiscing.
"Lady Chiyo, what is that thing?" Sakura asked.
"What you see there is not Sasori's real body."
"Well after his cloak came off I kind of guessed that. But what is it then?"
"That's merely 1 of his puppets."
"But then, where is his real body? The puppet master has to be pulling the strings from somewhere."
"His real body is inside of that one,"
"Inside?"

"Well you see, puppet masters aren't very good at hand to hand combat. Manipulating the puppet during battle leaves them wide open to attacks. It was to overcome the weakness that Sasori created this puppet. It serves as his armor and his weapon as well. It's Sasori's specialty, Hiruko."
"you seem to know a lot about it, lady Chiyo."
"Hmm, I knew everything about it."

"So this is what you call your art hmm?" Chiyo asked her grandson
"What do you mean?"
"Long, long ago when he lived in the hidden sand, he was esteemed as a master craftsman. Admired for his many extraordinary puppets. But his true passion was for making puppets out of the living and then adding them as specimens to his collection. He calls this monstrous conduct, Art. That Puppet there, Hiruko, he was a shinobi from a near by village. Now the first thing we have to do is force Sasori out of there."

"And how do we do that, we also have to contend with y/n."
"The puppet is filled with so many hidden contraptions and weapons, it's difficult to anticipate how to counteract them"
"Well on the other hand you know a lot about how that's puppet functions. Meaning we would have the advantage if y/n wasn't here"
"That's what I thought but this Hiruko is new. That shell on its back, he must have heightened its defences. And that left arm is new to me. Now what about that girl, what are her biggest weaknesses?"
"Honestly, I don't even know myself. I've never seen her go all out in a fight and I don't even know what jutsu she has. The only thing I really do know is that she has way more destructive power then I do, she's much stronger then me." Sakura looked at the ground and grimaced.

"This is quite the ordeal. But if we want any chance at winning, we need to destroy Hiruko. Doing that takes a lot of destructive power and I don't nearly have enough, but you do. You wield the monstrous strength that Lady Tsunade has. Listen to me, you must get close enough to smash that puppet, and you must dodge every single attack. We simply have no room for error. This kind of battle take far more experience then you possess."
"Then what do we do?"
"Take a good look at me. What do you see? A worthless old bag of bones? Now look again, leave this part to me. Sasori's battle experience doesn't even compare to mine." Lady Chiyo spoke while she undid her hair.
"Sakura come closer I'll tell you a secret."

"Huh, what are they up to?" Sasori grumbled out.
"I don't know, I don't have super hearing." Y/n answered back standing right next to him.
"I cant make out a word the old hag is saying."
"You know that's kinda the whole point of whispering dumb-dumb."
"You're treading on thin ice kitten, don't make me mad."
"Ohh and what are you gonna do about it?" Y/n smirked and teased.
"Tch, just you wait."

"Understood, ready when you are" Sakura finally spoke out.
Sasori took off the face covering from Hiruko and shot insane amounts of senbon straight at the women as they charged at him. After successfully dodging the barrage he set off his left arm with the spokes shooting out then opening to release more senbon.
"Would you look at that, they dodged them all Sasori." Y/n said

Chiyo then stood in place and Y/n jumped over Sasori and Sakura landing a 'very light' kick straight on the ground completely destroying it around Chiyo, so she lost balance and didn't have much of a place to stand.
Sakura continued her charge on Sasori and paused as Hiruko's tail stopped right in front of her face thanks to Chiyo being able to regain her balance in time .
"Now Sakura! Strike him down"

Y/n could have body flickered over in time to keep Sakura from destroying Hiruko but she wants them to win (not kill him) this fight so they can get back Gaara. But thanks to them, there he stood, our man Sasori in the flesh, or well wood with his hood still on.
"Hmm, well played. I should have expected no less from mu own granny. No wonder a kid like that could dodge my attacks."
"Well it was very impressive. The chakra strings attached to Hiruko's tail are very tiny, it was almost hard to make them out."

"Huh? Sakura, she's a sensory type?"
"I never even knew!" Sakura turned to y/n and started yelling.
"All the time we spent together I've only seen you perform 2 jutsu and you never said anything about your abilitys! I should have known better! Cha!"
Y/n just giggled and answered back with
"Well no one ever asked, I felt no obligation to tell you on my own accord."

"Well, play time is over!" Chiyo yelled as well.
"You don't know how right you are granny." Sasori slipped his hood off
"So do you still think this will be easy, granny Chiyo?"