Pt.32

No pov:
Y/n walked still holding Gaara in her arms after re-equipping her cloak back on. She knew this was the boy that fought Lee and hurt him extremely badly but she knew he changed, he seems to be somewhat like Naruto now. She was deeply troubled by this ordeal, she had to do this mission but she didn't want to hurt him, he is so young and seems to be a good man. If the akatsuki are going to take his 1 tails then she's going to do everything in her power to keep them from taking his life.
Y/n immediately started to funnel his and her own chakra into a reservoir that would open if his heart stopped beating. It may not keep him alive but it will give him a better chance of survival.

Y/n had a hard enough time trying to keep her chakra flow undetected then she started sensing someone else's chakra following them.

"Someone's following us" she said.
"Really?"
"Yes, they're about a kilometer behind us and gaining."
"Y/n, Deidara, take the jinchuriki and go."
"But-" Deidara tried to argue back but was cut off
"You'll only slow me down."
"Ugh fine"
"Alright"

Since Sasori was gone Y/n didn't really have to conceal her chakra flow anymore so she could now contact the Hokage through telepathy.
"M'lady it's me y/n"
"Huh!? 3 years of almost complete radio silence and now you contact me!?"
"I'm so sorry but this is important."
"Well then what is it?"
"I'm sure you'll be getting a message from the sand soon but you should know sooner, I am currently in possession of the Kazekage and the akatsuki are going to try to strip him of his tailed beast."
"What!?"
"I have to go but you must ready a team or 2 to rendezvous with the sand. Someone may be gravely injured by a puppet master so send a healer."
Y/n then cut off the telepathic link.

After a few hours Deidara and y/n reached the lair where the ritual was set to take place. A little bit after Sasori reached the lair as well.
The boys then readied the ritual an then they started. It took 2 days to strip the 1 tails from Gaara, his heart ended up stopping, but the extra chakra kept his other bodily systems working. He's dead but not fully, he can still resurrected. Y/n tried her best to tend to Gaara inconspicuously for the whole ritual and after it, knowing that help for Gaara was just outside, but she wasn't the only person who knew that.
Itachi and Kisame had clones try to slow down or stop team Guy and team 7 from interrupting the ritual.

"What's taking so long for them, I wish they would just hurry up and get in here" Deidara complained
"Sasori what's the matter my man? I thought you didn't like waiting?"
"Yes, I hate it"
"Just be patient you 2, they'll get in soon, trust me."

*bang*

The cave entrance was smashed to pieces by Sakura. Kakashi, Sakura, Naruto and an elderly lady jumped into the cave. They all gasped in shock at the sight, y/n and a dead Gaara.
"Well it's definitely been a while dad, Naruto and Sakura" y/n uttered. Naruto was shocked to see y/n grown up after 3 years, he knew she was going to be really pretty but he was shocked to see how absolutely drop dead gorgeous she became. Unfortunately he was pulled out of his head quickly after.
"We're too late" Kakashi said.
"S-Sasori" Chiyo whispered
Naruto bit his tongue and started quivering in anger and sadness.
"Finally, now which 1 of you would be the jinchuriki" Deidara said sitting down on Gaara's chest.
"You bastards! I'll kill you!" Naruto yelled with the 9 tails chakra seeping through his.
"So that's the jinchuriki."
"Sasori my man, think you are correct." Deidara said.
"Dei, have some respect for the dead. Get off of him." Y/n kicked him off Gaara making him face plant in the water.
"What was that for!"
"Respect, would you like me to spell it for you dei? Hmm?" Deidara just turned his head away

"Gaara! What the hell are you doing? Come on, why are you just lying there!? Get up, Gaara answer me. What are you deaf? Come on. Knock it off already!"
" Enough Naruto! He's dead, stop trying" y/n said but then set up a telepathic link.