Pt.17

An:
Y/n and Kakashi shoot back and forth during conversations I hope that makes it easier to understand❤️

No pov:
Sasuke knew in the back of his mind that he was in deep shit, but did that detour him? Hell no, his ego is way to big for that. Y/n knew she would win but knowing Sasuke he'll pull something out so it was best for her to be on guard.

Sasuke started to charge at Y/n to get the bell, he tried to high kick her head but she caught his foot and swung him back first into the ground winding him. Y/n's no fool she knows Sasuke is going to try and get up again to get the bell but she didn't let him "shadow style: body bind" little black shadow snakes wrapped around Sasuke's limbs holding him to the ground.

"Well Sasuke, that was fun but I should leave."
"Damn you Y/n" Sasuke gritted through his teeth.
"Oh don't be like that Sasuke, the bind snakes will let you free in about 20 minutes so you can go try your luck again Kakashi. See ya later."

Y/n pov:
Let's go see who may be lurking around the post with the lunches. Ohhh it's Naruto hanging upside down from a tree. I know for a fact he spotted the food, he's trying to cut as so frantically you'd be and idiot to this otherwise. Let's see how this plays out.

"Itadakimasu!"
"Hey Naruto, it's not time to eat the food" I said in a sickeningly sweet tone. Ohh he looks like he's seen a ghost, how cute.
"I'm sorry but you must now be tied to the pole. Shadow style: body bind"
"Come on Y/nnnnnn can I eat I'm so hungry" Naruto pleaded with puppy eyes.

"Hmmmnnn as much as you are tempting me I'm sorry it's the rules. I hope you understand."
"Ok..." Naruto said comically crying and sniffling

Later:
Naruto's still on the pole, Sasuke hurt his ego twice and Sakura....well I never encountered her  during the test so I don't know but she looks semi-traumatized.

"None of you will go back to the academy" Kakashi said letting them briefly celebrate before dropping bad news
"Because I'm dropping you permanently from the program."

"What!!!"
"You said if we couldn't get the bell you'd send us back to the academy not permanently kick us from ever becoming ninja!!!"
"We're kicking you guys because you don't think like ninja you think like children like fools, it's only going to get you killed."
"Y/n you're taking his side?!!"

At this point Sasuke was fuming and charged Kakashi but got dropped and stepped on
"You think it's all about yourself"
"Let go of Sasuke you can't step on him like he's some kind of bug!!"

"Then do something about it Sakura, if you really care about Sasuke as much as you say you do, you'd do something. Come on, don't you loveeee your Sasuke?"
Sakura was going to say something but quickly quieted down.
"Really? Wooooow, when it's comes down to it you're a coward, not willing to help out Sasuke or Naruto. Your selfish, that won't fly when be a ninja."
Sakura looked really guilty and terrified but she deserved it.

"Now, did anyone consider why we put you on squads?"
"I don't know what you mean" Sakura said
"We mean you never figured out the point of this exercise is, not even close."
"It's what determines whether or not you pass or fail." I added on

"But that's.. I mean I wanted to ask you that from the beginning."
"Come on Sakura I know there's a brain between that big forehead of yours. There are 3 people on a team why do you think that is?" I asked

"How are we supposed to know!? We didn't make the stupid rules!" Naruto 'answered'
"It's so simple you fools I literally said the answer. It's teamwork!"
"Just working together? Is that what you mean?"
"No, you're working with the man in the moon. Of course it's just working together! Why in the hell did it take y'all so damn long to have that revelation!?"

Oh "Well it's to late now. If you all came at me you might have been able to get a bell, I don't know about y/n though."
"I'm in the same boat, if you guys showed me you could work together as a cohesive team I would have given you a few openings. But anyways it's over."

"You set it up with 3 people and only 2 bells if we worked together and got the bell only 2 would keep them and that would lead to group conflict and the squad would break up."
"Exactly we purposely pitted you against each other.We wanted to see if you could over come that and put the team infront of yourselves." Said Kakashi

"A genin should have a natural feel for teamwork and Sasuke it never even crossed your mind, you thought everyone was beneath you and you underestimated your foes, such arrogance! Sakura! Like I said earlier you  obsessed over Sasuke who was nowhere close to you, yet Naruto whom was right infront of you needed help and you didn't even bother to care and a few minutes ago you proved that you won't go that far even for Sasuke. Naruto! You do everything on you own, everything! You where to busy trying to prove yourself then anything else."

"Missions are carried out in teams, although individual skill is required teamwork is the most important element. Every shinobi know this, when individuals put themselves above the squad that could lead to failure and death."

"Let me show an example, Sakura kill Naruto now or Kakashi will kill Sasuke" I said a I threw a kunai into the ground near her feet. "Those are the kind of things that happens on a mission gone south"

"On every mission your life is on the line. Did you look at this stone? The names engraved on it? They are all ninga who are honoured as heroes in our village."

"That's it, that's it, that's it! I've decided that I'm going to have my name engraved on that stone. I'm not going to live and die for nothing like a dog, I'm going to die a hero!"

"They are a special kind of hero"
"Huh? What kind of hero's are they, tell us!"
"They are all K.I.A"
"Ohhh that sounds really cool"
"It's means killed in action, they all died." Sakura said
"This is a memorial stone, dad and I have some of our closest friends names carved into it. Lots of them where children not much older then us."

"Anyways, we're going to give you one last chance and it's going to be way harder. You get 3 hours to get the bells."
"Eat now to gain strength, but Naruto doesn't get any. It's your punishment from when I caught you trying to eat by yourself. Don't even think about trying to feed him, whom ever may try will automatically fail. We make the rules and you follow them." We then walked away

"Dad? Do you think they'll try to feed him?"
"Maybe, I think only if Sasuke initiates it."
"Well it looks like you're right."

"Youuuuu!!"
"You broke the rules"
"I hope you're ready for the consequences!"
"Any last words?"
Ohhh this is hilarious, their almost shitting themselves.
"But you!.. you said that there was 3 of us! That's what you said and that's why Sakura and...umm"
"We're all on this squad and we're all in it together" Sasuke continued for Naruto
"Yeah we gave our lunch to him because the 3 of us are 1!"
"Yeah! Believe it!"

"Hmmm the 3 of you are 1 that's the excuse?"
"Yeah!"
"You pass" Kakashi said
"Huh?" They all say sequentially.
"You pass" I repeated
"Your the first squad I've ever passed."
"The first squads couldn't see past the deception. They couldn't think for themselves."

"In the ninja world those who break the rules are scum that's true, but those who abandon their friends are worse then scum."