Pt.18

A.n
I totally forgot to put this in a previous chapter but our girl y/n had a huge power and physical glow up during those few years
(I did draw this and I left the skin uncoloured so it's inclusive to all skin tones)

Y/n pov:
I was summoned to Lord Hokage's office later. I have no idea for what but it can't be anything great. Since I don't have to be there for a while I'm going to go visit the KIA stone.
'Here are the names of shinobi who have made the ultimate sacrifice'
My eyes scan down the names on the stone looking for 2 in particular

Emi Matsayuri and Tsubami Hyuga

A few years ago Emi and Tsubami went on a duo mission together to steal a scroll from a temple in the land of rice paddies but where ambushed by hidden sand village ninja. The 2 of them put up a hell of a fight and took out most of the ninja except 1 who was able to get the drop on them. Unfortunately, my anbu squad was sent to find on them because the didn't report back to the village after the mission so we assumed something went wrong.

We saw blood and dead shinobi everywhere, as my squad made it further into the temple we found Emi and Tsubami. Tsubami at that point had already passed away but Emi was still alive but bleeding out bad, I started to try and heal Emi but it was to late, she died in my arms and It was my fault. There where so many other things I could have done to make sure that this didn't happen, I was in charge of that squad! Danm it!
"Y/n you need to calm down!"
'Huh? Yoi? Yami?'
"You idiot, there's no one around so who else would it be?"
"Be nice Yami she's hurt right now, be more supportive."
"Fine whatever 'support' is that good enough, Yoi?"
"I'm not even going to try with you."

Naruto pov:
Uggggh these missions are so boring! Ever since becoming a genin the only cool thing we've done is that stupid survival exercise! I hate having to catch stupid cats, y/n can't even come on these missions because she's not 'authorized' or whatever so she just volunteers at the hospital.

"We have several missions available among them babysitting the chief counsellors 3 year old, helping his wife do chores digging up potat- "
"Noooo! I want to go on a real mission not this little kid stuff!"

Sasuke pov:
He's got a point

Sakura pov:
He's such a pain

Kakashi pov:
I knew this was coming

No pov:
"How dare you! Your just a simple genin without any experience, like anyone else you start with simple missions to develop your skills and prove yourself!" Iruka scolded

"Are you kidding me! Babysitting is not a mission it's just a-"
"Would you put a lid on it" Kakashi said clobbering him over his head.

"Oh goodness did I come at the wrong time"
"Y/n?!" The 3 genin yelled shocked

"You are a bit early but you can stay till we are done. Come stand next to me" The Hokage said
"Okay " y/n answered back
"Wait so y/n isn't coming on the mission with us!?" Naruto asked
"No no, she has a little mission for herself." Hokage answered back

"Anyways, many different requests come into our village ranging from babysitting to assassinations and w-"
"So I had this tonkatsu ramen yesterday and I'm thinking miso ramen today"
"Silence! Y/n please explain the rest to Naruto because he won't listen to me"

"Ok, we analyze the requests we get and separate them into A,B,C and D depending on how hard a mission is and the skills it takes to accomplish it. Us as ninja are also categorized into ranks due to skill and experience. The hokage reigning at the top then jonin, chunin and then genin. You three being genin only get D rank mission missions. Any questions for me?"

"Where is anbu ranked?" Sakura asked
"Depends, next question?"
"Are there any higher mission requests then A rank?" Again from Sakura
Y/n looked to the Hokage for confirmation to answer and he nodded in response.
"Maybe"
"Ooo Y/n how many missions have you done"
"All together 497 the ranks are all classified."
"Really!? Come on old man! I'm a ninja now and I want a proper ninja mission like y/n"

"Haha Naruto wants to show us all he's not a brat anymore so I'll give you a c rank mission. You'll be a bodyguard on a mission."
"Really?! Who is it!? Are the some important councilor or princess?"

"Be patient I'll bring our friend in. Send him in." The hokage called out.
Then a old man came into the room reeking of alcohol.
"What's with the brats and especially the small one with the idiotic look on his face you really expect me to think you're a ninja?"
"Haha who's the little with the idiotic look on his face"
"Um Naruto I'm sorry to break the news sweetie but you the shortest one out of the 3 of you" y/n said
"I'll demolish you! Let me get my hands on him!"
"You can't demolish the client Naruto it doesn't work like that" Kakashi said while holding Naruto back

"I am Tazuna, a master bridge builder and I must return to my country. I'm building a bridge there that will change our world and I expect you to bring me there safely even if it must cost you your life."
"Then I guess we should get going, we will meet at the front gate in 15 minutes" Kakashi instructed
"Then you are dismissed" the Hokage order

Once everyone left the room it was time to get the information about this mission.
"So lord Hokage what is this mission about?"
"Well y/n this is technically 2 missions, 1 is to check on lady Tsunade and the other is to start seeking out the akatsuki."
"Why now? I thought I still had 2 months longer on my break?"
"You must build some kind of connection to the akatsuki first and for you the easiest way is to get into contact with Itachi. But before you leave you must know the truth about him and the massacre."

"There's no need to."
"Huh? How? Why?"
"Deductive reasoning, I knew that there wher problems in the Uchiha internal affairs just by walking around the compound and Itachi was never that kind of person, he loved his family and clan with all of his heart. Do you know the saying 'you never truly know someone'?"
"Yes"
"It is true, but acts are easy to put on. Itachi knew he had to do it for the village but he loved Sasuke way too much to kill him, so he wants to have divine retribution to fall on to him through his little brother, the lone survivor."
"So I guess I don't have to tell you anything. Just come back safely from this mission." The hokage said
"I will."

Y/n pov:
I could have told him about the rest but I don't want Danzo's trifling ass going after Ita and Shisui's other eye in his possession. Damn, I really liked Shisui, after finding out he died I cried quite a bit. He was so sweet, kind, smart and just such a genuine person. I met Shisui one day talking the Itachi and we became friends a little bit after. I also did say before that I only really got to know Itachi when walking around the Uchiha district but you can get to know someone quite fast when you bond over things you have in common, we also went out for dango together a few times but that's irrelevant😉.

I wonder who I'll find first, lady Tsunade or the akatsuki?