No Turning Back

Those were the final words All Might would ever hear, goodbye. Even with those words, All Might smiled and stared right into Izuku's eyes. With a final gunshot, the hero collapsed to the ground, and the hero's story came to an end.

Izuku set down the gun and was about to summon Kurogiri, but something felt wrong. He wiped some strange fluid from his eyes and looked down at this hands. "Tears, me?" They wouldn't stop, not until his eyes were red and sore.

Opening the door, Izuku noticed the entire group gathered around with only Kurogiri standing between them. The villains quickly started questioning Izuku about All Might's disappearance, the gunshots, and even why his eyes were red. He didn't bother to answer them and stepped off to the side, showing the villains All Might's corpse.

"Kurogiri, in a few moments, I want you to return the corpse. Can't have everyone believing their hero is still alive." Izuku's eyes drifted back to the corpse as his chest tightened.

"I'm out for a few hours, and you've already killed All Might," Dabi joked.

"You could still warp All for One, why don't you?" Mustard asked.

"If your thinking we should save him becasue he saved us, then you're thinking too small. He helps those who are useful, and if we did save him, The League of Villains would forever be an organization under All for One. Without him, we can establish ourselves however we wish," Izuku explained.

"So now you've killed a true hero, what will you do?" Stain questioned.

"We wait and will make our move once we see everyone's reaction to All Might's death," Izuku answered.

Kurogiri walked towards the corpse and opened a portal beneath it. "I'll just put it back where you found it."

Over in the Kamino district, All for One was bound and inside the police van; multiple officers and doctors were around him to keep the villain sedated. The heroes had an area-wide search going as they tried to find anything related to the missing hero.

A portal would open up several stories above the ground as All Might fell through and hurtled toward the ground. Gran Torino, who stayed nearby to keep an eye on All for One, noticed the falling All Might and quickly rushed up to catch him.

"Toshinori! Are you alright?" Gran Torino asked with great concern. Not feeling any movement, pulse, or even his breathing, Gran Torino feared the worst.

Bringing him to a nearby ambulance, Gran Torino tried to hold back his tears as the medics rushed him inside and sped off to the hospital. With the kidnapping witnessed on TV, everyone knew what could happen, but no one expected it.

At school, Era was sitting on the roof and stared in the direction of the Kamino district. Clenching her head, Era could feel All Might's memories slip away.

"Impossible, it couldn't be. Even if All Might were to die, it shouldn't have been until weeks after Kamino. Someone else must have a time quirk, but what does that quirk do, I wonder," Era pondered.

Shimura was still at the press conference, feeling incredibly anxious since All Might's disappearance. The journalists kept bringing up All Might's failure to rescue Izuku. Only the heroes at Kamino knew the truth and people wondered if capturing All for One was worth it.

Shimura abandoned the press conference when All Might was kidnapped and rushed to Kamino as fast as his quirk would let him. He happened to pass the ambulance that held All Might and eventually stopped in front of a sobbing Gran Torino.

"I'm sorry," was all Gran Torino could say.

Those words broke Shimura's heart as he clenched Gran Torino and began to cry for his fallen mentor. It was later that day when the world received the message All Might was dead.

-

Days passed since the world received the news as the country prepared for the funeral of All Might. One person, despite grieving, wouldn't let it stop him from his job. Detective Tsukauchi, a close friend of All Might and one of the few who the hero trusted.

"I've narrowed it down to these three," Tsukauchi said as he threw three stacks of paper on the table. The first one had a picture of Uraraka with the label, friend, and possible conspirator. The second had Todoroki, interacted with Izuku a few times, and physical changes appeared after the interactions. The third had Bakugo, a kindergarten friend with a hostile nature that makes it difficult to discern if he's hiding something.

"One of you three must have known something."

------------------------------------------------