Crushed Feelings

Izuku would enter a small office with two couches and a table between them, "at last, the maze ends, having me walk around for half an hour," Izuku's eyes drift between the three mafia members in the room, Overhaul, Mimic, and Chronostasis.

"It's a simple precaution never know who could be following us," Overhaul stated as he leaned forward.

Izuku sat down across from Overhaul and leaned back into the couch. It was more comfortable than the mess at their hideout.

"Did you really mean what you said over the phone? That you'll be joining us depending on the terms?" Mimic asked within his costume.

"I never used the word join during the call. The phrase you're looking look is a mutual partnership," Izuku corrected. "You want to use our name, and we want to expand our influence. I also require information on the drug you've been producing."

"You know its effects, that's why you called, isn't it? The removal of quirks, I don't see why I need to disclose more information to you," Overhaul pointed out.

Izuku put his foot upon the table, "multiple reasons: first would be insurance, so you don't try backstabbing us once you finished your project. Second-"

"You're a bit full of yourself, aren't you? You think you can tell us what to do?" Chronostasis stated as he put a gun to the back of Izuku's head.

"Hahaha, I believe it is your men who're committing the act of violence this time," Izuku mocked as he lifted his hand.

Mimic jumped forward as an arm popped out of the costume and grabbed Izuku's arm, forcing it down. "Who do you think you are, little punk?!"

Izuku smiled, "you seem to be in a predicament Overhaul. I believe you were about to kill Magne, just like-"

"Mimic, Chrono, back off. You're being rude to our guest," Overhaul ordered. As Chronostasis pulled his gun back, he noticed the part of Izuku's head was metal. Having used the stolen steel quirk should Chrono have fired.

Izuku glanced at the two lackeys before his gaze shifted back to Overhaul, "As I was saying, second would be a safety measure should something happen. I could pull them, or you, or anyone else away, when the police come."

"When?"

"Don't pretend to be naive. The underworld knows you quite well, and even All for One mentioned you once or twice. The cops have an eye on all current Mafia groups, and even meeting with us gives them enough justification to crush you," Izuku explained.

"You're right, and I already have a plan for that inevitability," Overhaul replied.

"Should you fail, the key to your anti-quirk drug would be lost. So I rather keep the source safe,"

Overhaul pondered on this a few moments, considering Izuku's proposal, "on the condition some of your members work here."

"Alright, however, Kurogiri is out, Dabi won't do it, Magne hates you, and Stain would probably try to kill you."

"Alright then, during our partnership, I request Muscular, Toga and Twice."

"Hmm," Izuku pondered on allowing Twice here, as his clones were invaluable. "Alright, I'll agree to those three."

Overhaul, Chrono, and Mimic stood up as they headed towards Eri's room with Izuku. "I should warn you, we have someone looking after the source of the anti-quirk drug, and they despise you," Overhaul warned.

"Uraraka, right?"

"You're right. I'm guessing you used that same quirk to discover where I hid my men during our last meeting."

Overhaul had Izuku wait outside a few moments before stepping in himself. Uraraka was reading Eri a book as the young girl's eyes quickly darted to the door.

"It's not time for her checkup yet, so what can I do for you?" Uraraka asked.

"We've come to an arrangement, and we're allowing Izuku to visit Eri."

"Izuku, he's here?!" Uraraka almost rushed to the door but was stopped by Overhaul.

"I can't let you ruin my deal with him," Overhaul warned.

"It's alright; I won't hold her actions against you," Izuku said as he opened the door.

Overhaul agreed and stepped aside, making sure nothing happened as Uraraka was now staring at Izuku. So many emotions swirled inside her, but they all felt meaningless now that she was face to face with him. Her vivid dreams of revenge washed away as she felt powerless in front of All for One's successor. Words catching in her throat as it felt like all her hopes were crashing around her, and everything she desired felt meaningless.

This wasn't the same person Uraraka knew from UA. No rumours or stories could describe Izuku's current strength. On the outside, he still looked like the boy at UA with a slight costume change. Perhaps being around Izuku allowed her to notice the drastic difference, or it could be her sensing the difference in people's strength compared to her own.

Whatever the reason, Uraraka started to succumb to a deep depression, having all her struggles feel meaningless. Her mind wanted to escape this feeling and began to think of a time before she met Izuku, before UA, and then she started to feel homesick.

"...why?" Uraraka finally manages to ask, having been silent for the past few moments.

"There isn't an answer I can give you. The reason to destroy people's lives and hearing that reason after your life was destroyed will never be equal," Izuku noticed the drastic change in Uraraka's demeanour, from confident and bubbly to lifeless and hollow.

Izuku's attention now shifted to Eri, her eyes starring into his as a shiver went down her spine. The young girl felt something about him was wrong, as he didn't even try to hide his malicious intent. Izuku killed so many to get to where he was, so dissecting an extra person meant nothing to him.

"I'm happy to meet you, Eri," Izuku's hand brushed up along the side of her face, tears starting to form in her eyes. The tears weren't from fear but rather an odd feeling deep inside. It felt like she was being betrayed by someone close to her. 

-------------------

Just a quick summary of what I was trying to come across as with Uraraka, imagine when Midoriya first saw All for One during their rescue Bakugo attempt. That's sorta the impression I was going for.