Blood Promise

Uraraka was waiting outside the building where Toga and herself had bubble tea. It's only been a couple of days since Uraraka had killed the drug dealers, as Toga wanted to talk about it as soon as possible.

Looking at the people walking by, Uraraka wondered how people who seem to only care about themselves would gang up and blame her for something on a tabloid article. Among the crowd, she would notice a blonde girl move through it. Her presence seemed faint as if looking away would cause her to disappear. As the blonde got closer, Uraraka realized that it was Toga.

"I'm here," Toga greeted with a faint smile.

"Hey," Uraraka replied quickly.

Most people may have found this kind of response rude, but Toga didn't mind. Today's topic was both exhilarating and made Uraraka uncomfortable. Getting in line, the two didn't talk until they bought their tea, but instead of drinking it inside like last time, Toga wanted to take Uraraka somewhere else.

"Where are we going?" Uraraka asked as Toga led her to a park. On the one side was the playground with children yelling and screaming. On the other was a mostly empty path with some flowers and a little pond waterfall along the way.

"I use to come here with people who called me their friend," Toga states as they started to walk down the path.

"Did you have fun when you spent time with them?" Uraraka asked, noticing the phrasing 'people who called me their friend' instead of my friends.

A perplexed look crossed Toga's face as she stopped moving and looked over to Uraraka. She didn't know why she brought Uraraka to this park, wondering if it was a habit having come here when she suppressed herself back in school.

"I can't say I hated it. Despite what you or others may think, I love the same things as any girl, but I love them differently. When I drink a person's blood, I become them. It allows me to become closer to the person I love and makes me happy," Toga explained, opening herself up to Uraraka.

"Why did you want to become a hero, Uraraka?" Toga asked as the conversation drifted further from the intended subject.

"My parents, they owned a small construction business, and we never had a lot of money. Being a hero, I could make lots of money for them to have a better life. I had to become a villain for the money since no one would hire the parents of an accused villain," Uraraka didn't mind talking about herself as Toga didn't seem too bad, as long as she wasn't trying to kill you.

"If your family was wealthy then, what would you have done?" Toga wanted to move the conversation away from herself and towards her friend.

"I bet I would still try to be a hero. Despite everything that happened, I chose that path and would end up right here. My parents would still lose their jobs because of my interactions with Izuku, and I would still end up a villain," Uraraka sighed. "What's your family like?"

Toga bit her bottom lip from hearing the simple question. "I don't know."

Uraraka could see something cracking inside Toga as her gentle smile twisted. Her family was tough enough to think about, but doing it while suppressing herself was pushing her over the edge. Memories and feelings were coming back to her, making her want to break.

"So about those drug dealers who I ended up killing," Uraraka hastily brought up the incident hoping to catch Toga's attention. Whatever was happening with her, Uraraka felt it would be dangerous if she did nothing.

Toga's attention shifted to Uraraka, though her face was more relaxed, showing her sadistic side. Taking deep breaths to calm herself, she smiled at Uraraka. "What was it like for you?"

"I was shocked and could only stare at what I have done, but I still felt calm. People die as long as you keep that in mind you'll feel less pain," as those words left her mouth, Uraraka cursed herself inwardly, having repeated Izuku's words. "I don't get the same pleasure that I'm sure you get."

"Hehe, I'm not the only one. The League of Villains is full of people who enjoy killing. I wish you did too since, without fun or purpose, it might start weighing on you," Toga admitted.

"I don't plan on killing, I might have to, but I won't if I can avoid it," Uraraka stated.

"It'll be harder to stop now that you've started. I may have said not to let killing people weigh you down, but don't become completely numb to it. You might end up killing off the best parts by numbing yourself." Toga explained before thinking up something. "How about a promise?"

"A promise, like what?" Uraraka asked.

"No matter what happens, we'll help keep each other when we become lost," Toga responded.

"You believe something is going to happen to me?" Uraraka questioned.

"Maybe, but I just feel a promise between friends would be nice," Toga said as she cut her finger lightly with her knife, she would bring it up to Uraraka's face showing a drop of blood. "I want you to drink it."

Uraraka was a bit confused at first but realized the significance of the blood. Toga drinks the blood of people she likes to become them, so giving her blood could mean she wants them to like her and become like her. She copied Toga and cut her finger as well, bringing it up to Toga's mouth.

A smile crossed Toga's face, one that felt warm and kind. Despite how strange her idea of a promise would seem, having someone accept it and offer the same gave her happiness that she couldn't describe. Her mouth covered the scratch as Uraraka did the same.

They drank down the drop of blood before pulling their fingers back. Uraraka gave a weird look as it was her first time tasing blood, but Toga enjoyed it. While the conversation would end as the sun slowly dipped, Toga promised to deliver Overhaul's message of wanting a meeting.

Before they parted ways, they each looked at the cut on their fingers. They may have had different feelings towards the experience, but they both believed in the promise that they made, a promise made in blood.

-----------------------------

I know some of you may be thinking it, but this isn't a Uraraka x Toga ship.