Midoriya's defiance

"Alright everyone lets head outside," Shigaraki proclaimed as he looked over the class. as his eyes landed on the bored expression of Midoriya. Everyone filed out of the classroom Bakugo, Midoriya and Todoroki were the last to leave the class. 

Bakugo kept glancing at Midoriya while Todoroki just ignored everything. Midoriya could feel the heavy gaze of Shigaraki and could only gaze back. He never cared about proving himself or challenges that's why he mostly ignored Bakugo's provocation on who's the best, but something about Shigaraki rubbed Midoriya the wrong way and Shigaraki felt the same.

Out on the field, Shigaraki wanted people to test the student's skills using events normally done during track and field, as a way to explore and experiment with their quirks. 

"Is there a point?" Midoriya asked getting tired of hearing the teacher talk. "This has nothing to do with fighting, or even saving lives."

"Here let me show you," he called Bakugo up and handed up a baseball. "Use your quirk and see how far you can throw it."

Bakugo smiled before winding up and hucking the ball "Die" He screamed as an explosion left his hand and the ball went flying.

"So he can throw something very far so what? You want me to melt the ball or something?" Midoriya asked sarcastically.

"No, I want you to experiment with your quirks and try to think up how you could use them." Shigaraki tried to explain as Bakugo began marching over to Mdiroiya.

"You got something to complain about my throw?" Bakugo said.

Midoriya was reaching the end of his patience with this teacher and these students "No, but I guess second-best in everything is something."

"What did you say? You think you can beat me!" Bakugo yelled.

"No, but Uraraka could without breaking a sweat. As for me, I'm not interested." Midoriya brushed past Bakugo and grabbed the ball before lobbing it underhanded so it only lands a few feet in front of him before walking back. 

Bakugo was furious with Midoriya, everything he was doing felt like he was being mocked, but just as Midoriya proclaimed when Uraraka went on next her score dwarfed Bakugo's getting a score of infinity. 

The track and field events continued as Midoroya remained defiant, not putting any effort into any event. At the end of the events, Bakugo continued to reach second or third in every event not ever reaching first as Midoriya fails every event.

Whispers rose among the students talking about the top two students. One being defiant the other being violent. Uraraka wanted to talk to Midoriya but didn't know what to say to him. Shigaraki had left the students alone to talk with All Might who was nearby hiding behind the corner of the school.

"Spying on me again?" Shigaraki asked

"Just making sure your doing alright, so what do you think of your class."

"It will be troublesome, Bakugo alone would be a handful but Midoriya's defiance is causing friction within the class."

"I had a look through Midoriya's files. He was homeschooled after his parents were killed by a villain."

Shigaraki slowly looks down to his own hands. "He has no parents either," he slowly became lost in thought.

"That's why your the best one to break him out of his shell. After lunch, their class is with me, don't worry I will do all that I can."

As lunch began most people avoided Bakugo and Midoriya but to Midoriya's irritation Bakugo decided to plop himself down across from him.

"What the hell is with you?" Bakugo asked after a couple of minutes of silence accompanied by loud chewing.

"You're going to have to be more specific" Midoriya replied.

"I'm here to be the best, better than All Might and-"

"Good luck with that" Midoriya interrupted.

"AND if you have no interest in being the best then stay out of my way, then there won't be any problems understand?" Bakugo said with irritation.

Midoriya set down his food as he glared at Bakugo. "I have never cared about being first, you just think people are competing against you when none of them give a damn. No one can do everything not even All Might."

"All Might can do anything!" Bakugo practically shouted as a few heads turned to see the commotion.

"If he can then you will never beat him and if you do beat him that means he couldn't do everything."

Those words stung at Bakugo as he angrily stood up "whatever happens, first I'm going to beat you" he says before stomping away.

"W-what was that about?" Uraraka asked leaning over as she was sitting nearby with some of the other girls.

"Just trying to explain what reality is to Bakugo."

"And how did it involve All Might?" Uraraka asked curiously. 

"Nevermind, it's really nothing." 

"O-Okay."  

Midoriya just finished his lunch alone as he could feel the constant glances from the class, no one knowing how to interact with him. Uraraka says he is a kind person who saved her but what people have seen is an arrogance that rivals Bakugo. Bakugo claims to be better than everyone and continuously tries to prove it. Midoriya acts like he is better than everyone and doesn't care what they think.

As lunch ended the students went back to their seats but it wasn't long before All Might came bursting through the door dressed in a red and white costume with a blue cape. 

"I am coming through the door like a normal person!" All Might yells.

The class's excitement raises upon seeing the hero but Midoriya could only resist the urge to kill All Might.