CHAPTER 6

CARLI

I was excited once Niall walked into my hospital room, my hope that once was shattered slowly clinging back together. Clutched in his hand was a big bag of Nandos, the sweet aroma making my stomach growl. Niall smiled at me, the bag of food setting on my lap.

"There. I bought us food and brought us some Disney princess movies to watch." I raised my eyebrows at his choice of movies but I was secretly glad for the upbringing of my plummeted mood. Niall pulled up a chair, setting his coat down on the back of it. He walked over to the tv that was hanging across from us, his hands working with the dvd player. The screen became blue, indicating that the machine had just turned on. "So Harry hasn't been here at all?"

I stared at Niall's back, the panging in my heart becoming more of a deep throb. "No, he hasn't been here at all for yesterday and today." I managed to say. Niall looked back at me, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Don't ask me where he is, I have no idea."

"Don't worry about it." Naill said, kissing my head softly. I nodded, even though I was worrying about it with every fiber of my body. Niall set out our food, starting our first movie- Cinderella. I smiled as I saw it was the older version, knowing that this was my favorite.

We ate our food, watching movies to pass away the day. As we ended the last movie, the atmosphere outside turned dark and cold. Niall looked down at his watch, his lips turning into a frown. I knew that he had to leave, and I didn't want him to.

"You have to leave?" I whispered at Niall.

Niall nodded, his frown turning into a small smile. "Yeah, I'm sorry love. How about I stop by tomorrow? I hope you feel better." He rushed out with his things, leaving me along to face the demons I tried to shove out the window. I let out a long sigh and reached over, my fingertips brushing over my over used copy of Wuthering Heights. Even though it was old, even though my father gave it to me, I still cherished this book with all my heart. I loved everything about this novel, my heart yearning to reread the words I had red several times before. I opened up to the first page, the black words staring up to me. My eyes began to read them, my heart becoming content with what the author was saying. I smiled at parts, my fingers playing with my hair as I read.

I heard boots scrunching into my room, my eyes raising and falling on a tired, mad looking Harry. His jaw was set and his fists were shoved into his jacket pockets. I neatly folded the edge of the page I was on, closing the book and slowly setting it down on my lap. I traced the edges of the book with my fingertips as I looked down at it, not daring to look and make eye contact with him. I came to the conclusion that he didn't deserve my attention, nor did he deserve anything. I could hear Harry walk over to my bed, a chair screeching slightly as he pulled it close to it. His hand rested against mine, stopping them from moving anymore.

"How are you?" Harry asked.

"Why do you care? You left me here all day today and yesterday, what's wrong with you? Are you too busy for me or something?" I asked, hurt evident in my voice. Harry looked at me, his eyes showing that he was guilty for his actions.

"Baby, if you let me explain I have a good reason."

I stayed silent, letting him try to gain my trust back. Harry took a deep breath and rubbed his face as he began to talk. "I was looking for a house."

"A house? For what?"

Please, tell me we aren't moving. I don't think I can handle that right now. But, I would like to move out of my apartment. Too many dark memories. "I think you need to get away from everything. I found this perfect house in the forest and I think you'll love it. So when you get better we can go see it and if you love it, I'll buy it."

"Are we going to live together?" I asked him.

"Yes, we are." Harry said softly.

Harry lifted his hand to mine, his fingertips brushing over my swelled hands. His eyes were misted with tears, his hands shaking softly. "I'm so sorry.." Harry croaked as he broke down in front of me. His sobs filled the rooms, his shoulders shaking up and down.

"About?" I whispered as I let him cry it out. Harry didn't look at me, his face covered by his hands.

"I didn't even visit you! I cared Carli, I thought about you, I really did. I just.. I couldn't bring myself to face you after how you look. I'm not saying you look ugly, you look beautiful as always- I just- this is all my fault. Why you're sitting in his hospital bed. I'm the reason you have to go to therapy and-"

"Harry, please." I cut him off softly, shaking my head. "It isn't your fault. Really. Please just be strong, for me. I can't ever have you be this way and blame yourself for something that was another persons fault. You have no room to cry, if anyone's crying, it should be me."

Harry looked up at me, taking deep breaths from his nose. "You're right. I'm sorry, how are you feeling?"

I sat there for a moment, examining my body. "Everything hurts, a lot. I'm tired and kind of hungry, but I will be ok."

"I'm going to go get you food, okay? I'll be back." Harry said getting up. He kissed my cheek, walking out of my room. I looked to the left, seeing Harry's phone sitting on the table. Curious, I reached over and grabbed the object, unlocking it with one try. My finger touched the text app, Harry's messages coming clear. I clicked on some, taken back what they said.

Karl- Michael is dying, we need you to take care of him soon.

Karl- Liam and Louis keep fighting, can I shoot them yet boss?

Unknown number- The drugs are at the place, money is in your desk. Gang should be set.

I stared at the screen, my eyes wide. I should have known Harry didn't work in a flower shop, why would he dress up so nicely for such a messy job? Why did he always seem tired- this is the reason. My anger grew more and more with each passing minute Harry was gone.

HARRY STYLES

I held the food bags in my arms, humming to myself the catchy Olly Murs song that was playing on the radio just a moment ago. I reached Carli's room, walking in to see my phone in her hands. My heart stopped, my blood turning to ice. She knows.

Now, don't judge me alright? How was I supposed to face her and tell my girlfriend that I took over her brothers gang? When she was in a hospital? No. Would you? Doubt it.

Her features were drenched with anger, her jaw set so tightly that I was scared to go any closer. I slowly walked to her bed, her glare following with every step I made. I managed to smile at her, her eyes flaming with a passion to hit me. The smile wasn't returned.

"How could you?" She hissed.

I was a dead man.