CHAPTER 68

HARRY STYLES

"How are you mate?" Karl asked, looking at me. I sat down at my desk and logged into my computer. Carli was sitting on my couch, not very happy that I dragged her to work today. She didn't sleep well last night because of the baby, and I didn't really want her alone after everything that has happened. I looked at Karl and took a deep breath.

"Better." I looked at Carli and sent her a smile, which she softly returned.

"Good. You have a meeting in ten minutes. " Karl told me, catching me off guard.

"A meeting?"

"Yeah. I think someone wants to sell you their gang or whatever." Karl said waiving his hand. He walked over to Carli and sat down. "How are you lovely?"

Carli looked over at him and smiled. "I'm good, you?"

"Great. How do you feel about having a house with Harry?"

"Please." I cut in, getting up and slipping on my jacket. "She's tired and the last thing Carli needs is your annoying self asking her questions."

Carli giggled and slowly got up, walking over to me. "Harry calm down." I smiled as she kissed the side of my mouth, her hands resting on my chest.

"I just don't want to go to this stupid meeting." I sighed, kissing Carli's lips softly. I brushed the hair out of her eyes and hugged her. "I won't make you wait too long."

"Okay, I'll be here waiting." Carli said. Karl and I walked out of my office side by side.

"Why can't Carli just come with us?" Karl asked, looking sideways at me.

"Right." I chuckled, jogging back into the office. "Come with me princess."

"Where Harry? To the meeting?" Carli asked as she stuffed her phone in her purse. I nodded and gently took her arm, helping her up from the couch.

"Yes." I replied, walking with Carli back to Karl. Karl smiled at us and began walking again.

-

"Hello mates, how is everyone doing today?" I asked, my tone professional and ready for the fight that could break out in any moment. Buying a gang is risky, the consequences high if you say no. I pulled out Carli's chair and sat her down, pushing her in slightly.

"Who is that?" An older member asked, his bushy eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"She's my love." I simply said, opening up my leather journal. "She's off limits and if I see any one of you dirt bags trying or doing anything to her that I don't approve of, your head will be mine."

They nodded silently, knowing I wasn't joking. This is the first time I have ever brought Carli to a meeting, especially letting her know of the Gang business. It isn't that I don't trust her, because I do. This environment isn't for her, so I need to be careful. "What's on the meeting agenda today?"

I looked up to see an older man shuffle into the meeting room, my eyebrows raising in confusion. "Who are you?" I asked.

"I am Donald." The man wheezed. "I'm the one who is about to sell you my Gang."

"Ah, Donald! So nice to finally meet you." I said as I got up and shook his hand. "Please, have a seat anywhere."

Donald nodded and slowly sat next to Carli. "I'm sorry I am late. This building is not built for old farts like me." Donald grinned as Carli giggled under her breath. A smile tugged on my lips, but was quickly placed by a frown.