CHAPTER 33

CARLI

"Can we have the artists come up to the stage please?" A booming voice called. I looked up at Harry as he smiled down at me, putting his hand at the small of my back. I followed the students and picked up my dress slightly, walking up the few stairs that led up to the stage. Standing, I faced the crowd and tried to count how many were there. Losing interest fast, I came to a conclusion that there was more people I thought would be attending.

"Merci à vous tous d'être venus. Je souhaite que nous avons attrapé votre intérêt et vous vous apprécié ce soir." Thank you all for coming. I hope that we caught your interest and you enjoyed yourself tonight. The crowd cheered, making me smile.

Another hour passed and I- plus my class- wanted to go. As the event neared to the end, I grabbed Harry's jacket and slipped it on. I fixed my hair and scanned the area, freezing when I heard a woman scream. Harry turned, clutching me tightly to him. "What?" I asked him confused.

Harry cursed loudly as he let go of me, running to the woman who had screamed. She hit the ground with a thud, losing consciousness. Harry quickly ran to her, getting down on his knees and putting his ear to her mouth.

"Harry.." Zayn said walking over to him, his eyes staring at the art work that was hanging above them. Harry's gaze snapped towards Zayn, then followed his eyes so he was looking at his own work. Harry's eyes went big, his long legs standing up.

"Harry!" I squeaked, my hand flying up to cover my mouth. Harry's piece, that he worked so hard on, was ruined with a deep slash across it. The slash was tinted red, was this some kind of joke? I rushed over to him, watching his as he took a few steps closer to his now ruined masterpiece.

"The red is.." Harry leaned in closer. "Dye. Not real blood." Harry stood back, his cold eyes searching the crowd as if he already knew who to look for. I was scared in my place, not knowing how to react and feel. "Who did this? Does anyone know who?"

The crowd was silent, which made Harry angrier. "I asked who! Some of you must have seen something! I know you guys aren't blind."

"Sir, I- I think I know who it was. I mean I at least know what he looks like." A small woman said, raising her gentle hand. Harry looked at her, watching her intently as she explained. "The woman who fainted is my grandmother. She's old, so she gets frightened easily. But what she saw, what I think I saw, was someone who was wearing a black trench coat. His face was younger looking, like a baby face. He had a 'S' tattoo-"

"Ah, yes." An older man said, looking at Harry. "Come to think of it, I saw him too. What a shame though, he looked rather, American."