CHAPTER 29

CALI

"I'm sorry." Harry said, his eyes staring at the large blue sheet of paper. I stood there, a scowl on my face. I just told him what happened with Niall and all his focus is on a stupid sheet. I looked down, my hands playing with my purse. 

"Are you even listening to me?" I softly said, my gaze looking up at him. 

Harry didn't look up, nor did he show any emotion. "Mhm."

"Then what did I just say?" I asked.

"Uh- I think you said something about- What was it? Paris?" Harry looked up at me for the first time since I arrived at his office, a frown tugging on his lips. I scoffed, my gaze falling back to the floor.

"No, not at all. So you aren't listening to me.. All you could have said is that you're busy and need some time away." I said. "I can leave if that would be best for you?"

Harry looked at me, the blue paper rolling into itself as he let go of it. "I'm sorry, what were you saying? I'm all yours."

I stared at Harry, my own anger raising. If he wasn't going to listen to me, why was I even here? I could finish packing, go on a walk, buy things, paint- anywhere that would not have him around. I hate this, I feel like I'm slowly being replaced with Harry's work. "You should have been all mine when I walked into your office."

Harry frowned as he got up and stuffed his hands in his pant pockets. "You know I can't just drop everything because you're here, Carli. I have important business to attend to."

My heart ached at what he just said to me, so I'm not important? Great. Swell. Thanks a lot Harry. I shook my head, a breath leaving his mouth. "Baby, I didn't mean that. I didn't-"

"Just shut up." I snapped. "I'm going home. Or whatever. But you won't care, you only care about your stupid gang and how much money you'll earn. I'm making dinner tonight so if you can push all this important stuff off for your unimportant girlfriend, I would be happy. But if you can't, I understand."

I grabbed my purse and slung it over my shoulder, walking to the door. "Baby wait, I'm sorry." Harry said, following me.

"Don't. You know what sorry means? That you won't do it again. And guess what you'll do?" Harry looked at me, his lips tight. "Exactly."

I walked out, slamming the door behind me. I stormed down to the entrance and walked all the way home. I got in and stared at the boxes full of Margeret's old clothes that her stylist packed up and dropped off at my house. Sighing out a breath, I dropped my purse and grumbled curse words as I walked to my bedroom. Changing into an over-sized shirt and sweats, I walked back to the boxes and started unpacking. I awed at the articles of clothing, all of them were beautiful  and I can't wait to try them out, maybe wearing them to town if they fit.

I put some in a laundry basket and picked them up, walking down to the basement where the washers and dryers were in. I walked over to mine, smiling at the thought of going to Paris. Since each of the washers and dryers were linked to a certain apartment, you can only open them with a key- making it impossible for anyone to steal your clothes. Grabbing some laundry soap, I stuffed the clothes in the washer and shut the door. Pouring the soap in, I started the load and stepped back.