CHAPTER 42

CARLI

I whined, grabbing a pillow and screaming into it. Karl laughed at me, sliding his game piece to home as he smirked. I rolled my eyes at him and put my chin in my hands, missing Harry more than ever. He had been gone a day, I don't even know if he's okay or not. They probably don't let prisoners call, which is stupid to me. I giggled as Karl and I began another game of Sorry!, my mouth chomping on some popcorn.

"Someone's at your door." Karl said as a knock pounded on the door. I got up and dusted off my shorts, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand as I walked to the door. I grabbed the doorknob and opened it, my eyes meeting Oliver's. I groaned internally, why couldn't he just.. Disappear? He was always somewhere I was, it was creepy and I don't like it at all.

I took a deep breath and puffed it out. "Yes?" I said.

"I heard laughter from your room. Just wanted to see what you're doing." His eyes stared into mine, I wanted to wiggle under his gaze. It was uncomfortable and his eyes made it seem like he knew me. Oliver's eyebrows raised as he saw the sight of Karl sprawled out on my hotel room floor. "Who is that? I'm one hundred percent sure he isn't Harry."

"He's Harry's friend." I said, my arms crossing over my chest. Why did he even care?

"Oh." Oliver slowly said, his breath fanning over my face. I pulled back and looked over my shoulder, seeing Karl giving Oliver the dirtiest glare I've seen on someone- other than Harry. He got up, his eyes never once moving from Oliver.

"Yeah, I'm his mate. Does it matter to you?" Karl slightly hissed, his Australian accent stronger than ever. Oliver looked at Karl, his face not showing emotion at all. The air was stiff with contention and I had anxiety to run away. I chewed on the inside of my cheek as I watched Karl walk over to me, his hand yanking me back. I slammed into the wall, whimpers falling from my lips as the pain from the impact started to throb. Karl sent me an apologetic smile, his lips turning into a snarl as he looked back at Oliver.

"It does actually. Non-Art class members aren't allowed to be in the students rooms. Especially guys.."

"Like me?" Karl finished. Oliver nodded and I could tell he was just smirking on the inside.

"Yes, I'm afraid like you."

"Well, I can't leave her. I promised her boyfriend, who I might add is really protective, that I would keep her safe... from people like you. If you have a problem I'm sure Harry will gladly speak to you." Karl said, his voice like venom.

"Mr. Styles isn't here, is he?" Oliver laughed as Karl just stood there. "So, anything I say goes. So what I say is I want you out of her room and on to someone else."

"Dude, you act like I'm shagging her or something." Karl shot. "I'm not, my mate is."

"Stop it!" I screeched. "Mr. Oliver, you have no right to come into my room and demand my friend to leave. This is my hotel room and I'm sure that Professor Tipton will be okay with me having him here. I don't care if he put you in charge, I can do what I want. And by the way, my love life and business has nothing to do with you so I advise you to keep your mouth shut before you get yourself in trouble."

Oliver looked shocked at my words, but I didn't care. He was a freak. I shooed him out of my room, slamming my door behind him. "I'm your friend?" Karl said, laughing as he shook his head.

"Seriously? Shut up." I snapped, sighing as I tugged on my hair. "Do you mind if you like.. Leave for a couple of hours? I'm tired and I need a bath."

"I could join you?" Karl said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Ask my protective boyfriend." I giggled, rolling my eyes. He chuckled and nodded, walking out and softly shutting the door behind him. I let out a sigh as I walked to my bathroom, shutting and locking the door. I turned on the water and plugged the tub, my clothes off and onto the floor. I twisted my hair up in a clip and put in bath salts that smelled of lavander. My body slowly slipped into the hot water, my aching muscles relaxing from the warmth. I rested my arms on the tubs' edge, my eyes closing as I softly hummed to myself.

KARL

I stood outside her door, my heart beating hard with anfer.

"You're such a fool." I heard Oliver hiss. I looked over at him.

"Cut the crap, Holdon."

Oliver, which his name is actually Holdon, stopped. His eyes went wide, his face draining of color. "How do you-?"

"I'm in a gang, mate. I know more than you give me credit for. I know that you are certainly not who you say to be. Am I wrong?"

Holdon rolled his eyes and shook his head. "I underestimated you and Harry. But you know, I'm more powerful than you."

"Are you? Holdon, what do you even want?"

"I want her. I want the gang, and I want Harry dead."

I busted out laughing. "Ha! You're an egotistical fool, Holdon. You know that Harry is much more stronger than anyone you have threatened before?"

At the fear in his eyes, I knew that he didn't know. And sadly, he'll learn his lesson. And this time, Harry wont take it lightly.