CHAPTER 14

HARRY STYLES

I sat there in silence, sitting back in the chair as I replayed what I've just seen over and over- trying to scan for new information. After an hour and with no luck, I got up and turned to Karl. "You'll help me protect her, right mate? I asked, my goal right now was to protect Carli. With her father and Liam on the loose, her life was in danger and it was my time to act as he protector.

Karl looked at me, his frown turning into a smile. "Of course. Harry, I like her. She makes you mellow and you control your anger more."

I shook my head at my best mate, not saying a word. Before I truly loved Carli- and even before I met her- my anger was the biggest issue I had. I would black out and find myself somewhere I didn't remember going to. It was bad and I was afraid that something bad would happen.

"How are we going to tell Carli that her very own father broke her brother and Louis out?" Karl asked, getting up from his chair and stretching his limbs out.

"I don't know." I replied honestly. Something wasn't right with that man, the look in his face was.. Crazy? Lunatic, perhaps. Harry checked his phone, seeing texts from his men. One said that he found that the unfortunate fools were in New York. That was a lead, something that I could further my investigation on. Who did Liam and Louis think I was? Some kind of idiot? No, I was smarter than they knew. I had dark plans on how to catch them. Just you wait, Liam.

Karl and I slowly made our way back to my office, talking lowly so that no one could hear. "He's gone mad."

"Yeah, he looked like-" I was cut off by my phone ringing. Grabbing it from my tight jeans pocket, I held it up to my ear. "Styles."

"Boss, I found something." One of the older men in my circle said. His name was William and I knew I could trust in him, knowing he did his job well and succeeded my expectations.  That's why I payed him so well, I had to keep him interested.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "So early? Well done William." I replied, walking into the supply closet with Karl. Pressing the speaker button, I let William spill.

"There's talk around town that her father, whose name is Paul, broke out of the Insane Asylum and is now missing. No one can find him and he's suggested to be somewhere in the woods."

"Broke out? The woods? Where have you heard these things?" Karl asked flabbergasted. Even I was appalled that William found this information out.

"I have my ways." Will said rather coldly. He didn't like talking about his connections, to him they were rather sacred. "What now?"

I thought for a moment. If we were to catch the men, we needed to do research on the man that was behind it all. "Go to the Asylum and find out if you could grab his file. Bring it to my office so I can read over it. Then we will make our next move. For now, stay low. We don't know where this freak is." I ordered.

"Yes boss. By the way, men are talking about your girl. Saying she's in more danger than she thinks. I suggest-"

"William, I know. I will do my magic. No need to worry about my girlfriend, mate."

"Sir, I wasn't trying to pry."

"I understand. Hurry." I said, hanging up the phone. I looked over at Karl, a grin plastered on his face.

"This is getting quite fast, yeah?" Karl said, as we made our way out of the supply room. My people didn't stop, everyone hectic with trying to finish what their jobs were.

"It is." I agreed, thinking over the fresh information. "But sadly, I don't think that this will be easy."

As our conversation died down, I walked into my office and looked over at the couch. Carli was laying comfortably, her eyelids closed, her chest slowly heaving up and down with sleep. A smile pulled at my lips as I walked over to her, shutting off the tv. I looked over at Karl, indicating that I had some business for him to do.