CHAPTER 40

I don't know what to call his boss so he'll be referred to as 'boss' or 'my boss'

Flashback 8 years

HARRY STYLES

I looked at the man who I called my boss, my lips turned into a frown. His hands rubbed his old face as he let out a sigh. "You need to get this right, Styles."

"Mate, sir, I didn't do it. I sold the drugs to the man and then left. If he was shot and killed that wasn't my doing." I said, my voice raising. I hated him, I hated this gang. I did what I was told and now I have to take care of something that I had no idea happened until I was home with Sophia. "I don't care if it looked like I did it, but I didn't."

"All fingers point to you, son." My boss snarled. "Why can't I trust you to deal with one little thing?"

"Look," I demanded. "I didn't kill the guy. If you want me to look for the killer then fine. But I'm telling you the truth."

"You're too young for this Styles, I don't even know why I trusted you in the first place."

"Because I made your business thrive. Without me you would be broke right at the moment." I said, knowing that what I was saying was the truth.

"Come back when I want is done."

I left the place agitated, my hands into fists.

-

I wiped my bloody hands on a towel, my eyes roaming the dark room. The man that killed the drug smuggler for us was dead , his brains bashed out in an alleyway. I didn't want to kill the man, but it had to be done. I heard shuffling behind me and I knew I woke up Sophia.

"You're home late." I heard her whisper. Little did she know what I did last night. I don't think she ever knows what I do. If she does, she probably acts as if she has no clue.

"I have to go back." I informed her, my voice filled with coldness and no emotion. Her sleepy face looked sad as she nodded, walking back to the room we shared. Since I had to live in Paris, she came and stayed with me for months at a time. I shrugged off my blood stained clothes and put clean ones on, my feet carrying me to my old truck. I pushed my short curls out of my face, groaning. I needed to grow my hair out, I looked like a little boy with this stupid hairstyle. My arms were littered with a few tattoos, but I wanted more. I craved more. I started my truck and pulled out, racing to the house that belonged to my boss.

"I'm done." I hissed to the bald man as I walked into his office, his smirk annoying me even more.

"Great. Thank you, Styles."

"Do I get payed for this?" I sighed, sitting down across from him and slamming my feet on top of his desk. My boots were dirty, his scowl showing me he didn't approve of how I was acting.

Screw him.

"What do you think?" Boss said, throwing me the stuffed envelope. I caught it, my fingers pushing the top open, my eyes scanning the bills that were stuffed in the white envelope.

"How much?" I mumbled, liking how the money felt in my hand.

"It doesn't matter, that's your last payment."

"What?" I stared up at the man. "What are you talking about my last payment?"

"I don't need you anymore."

"That's bullshit. You don't need me anymore? But I made this gang the way it is!"

My boss scoffed, his laughter ringing through the room. "You didn't Harry. I made you, you did nothing for me. Just did my jobs that I didn't do."

"You can't do this." I said, getting up and staring at boss.

"I can, and I will. Men." Two guys came up to me, grabbing my arms and harshly dragging me out of the room.

"You better stay way from Paris, Harry. If I hear that you're back, I will come for you. Watch your back if you ever wrong me, son."

I snarled as I pushed the men away, turning my back and rushing to my truck.

Payback will be coming soon, boss.