CHAPTER 17

CARLI

I layed under the soft covers of my bed, my eyes staring up at the wall. My cheeks were stained with the tears I had cried over Harry, my chest hurting every time I took a breath. I haven't heard from him, which hurt me even more. He was probably having sex with Lara, which I didn't mind.

What am I thinking? Of course I minded. He was mine, why was Harry doing this to me? I looked over at the clock, realizing that college would be starting in thirty minutes. Deciding that I wanted to get back to my normal self, I got up from the inviting covers and limped to my bathroom. Shutting the door behind me and my clothes falling to the floor, I turned on the shower to start my daily routine of getting ready.

The warm water trickled down my sore body, my muscles relax from the soothing temperature. My wounds were healing, faster than I thought. I no longer wanted to use crutches, so I vowed to myself that today would be the first time I would walk without them. It would be painful, but I hoped that this would cover the pain that Harry was causing. I washed my hair and conditioned it, following up with washing my body carefully. After I washed my face and shaved where I needed to, I got out of the shower and turned off the water. Steam fogged up the mirror, my body becoming just a color blob. Drying off, I wrapped another towel around my wet hair- setting the towel on the top of my head. I slipped on clean garments and slowly smoothed lotion over my raw skin. I never could choose the perfect outfit, and I saw myself again standing in front of my closet looking for something decent to wear on my first day back. Since it was nice out, which was weird when it rained last night, I decided to soak up some sun and wear short black shorts, a stripped t-shirt crop top and my black sandals.

Walking into the bathroom, I dried my hair and softly curled it- messing it up slightly as I finished. Applying my make up didn't take long, since I did simple black eyeliner and some pale pink lipstick. Once I was ok with my appearance, I applied purfume and walked out to my living room. I sighed as I saw that my kitchen was bare, food nowhere to be seen. Grumbling, I grabbed my art bag and put on my sunglasses. Taking my purse and keys with me, I walked out of my apartment and shut the door behind me. Locking it, I turned to see Niall walking up the steps.

"Ni! Good timing, I'm just leaving for school." I said to him, sending him a soft smile.

Niall smiled back, nodding. "Good, I'm headed there too. I just wanted to come and check up on you. Want me to walk you to school?"

"Sure, though, I haven't ate breakfast. Mind if we stopped by the coffee shop so that I could get something to munch on?" I asked as I walked over to him.

"Of course! Food? I'm in." Niall nodded again and led me slowly down the steps. Looking back at me, he frowned and put his hands on his hips. "Where are your crutches?"

"In my apartment." I smiled, shrugging. Niall rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Women." I heard him mumble.

"Watch yourself." I said, softly pinching his arm.

"Ouch!" He huffed, rubbing his arm.

I walked beside him on the crowded streets of New York, my eyes watching people pass. Smiling to some, I noticed that I hadn't been in town for awhile. Was Harry taking all of my time? It seemed like it. As the two of us walked into the coffee shop and ordered- Niall got a breakfast sandwich and I ordered a chocolate muffin and a caramel cappuccino to go. As we ate and talked, we slowly made our way to the college grounds. "Now, if you need anything, just text me alright?"

I nodded at him, wiping off my mouth and hands from the chocolate. "Of course. Since you have Harry in your next class, could you text me if he shows up? I need to be prepared.'

I highly doubted that he would come, since he was Gang leader and didn't need art anymore. "Sure, Carli. See you later alright?"

As we said goodbyes and I was facing the door to my first class of the day, my nerves tightened into a ball in the pit of my stomach. I looked down at my outfit, noticing that my healing wounds, cuts and bruises was noticeable. What would people say? What would they think?

I shrugged and silently told myself that what they thought was nothing to me. Twisting the doorknob, I walked inside to see that the room was packed with students. All eyes turned to me, which made me realize that I was somewhat late.

Great.

"Carli! So great to have you again in my class, won't you sit down please?" Professor Tipton beamed. I sent him a smile, nodding as I sat in an empty seat. Eyes stared at my body, a few snickers to be heard from people. I looked down, letting my hair fan over my red face. My phone buzzed once in my purse, grabbing it and realizing that the text was from Harry made my heart break more. Clicking on the read button, my eyes scanned the message.

Baby, where are you? I need to explain a few things. Please, I miss you . I waited for you to come back last night and you never came. 

Duh. I wonder why. I clicked on the reply icon and clicked away my message.

About time you cared, huh?  Of course you have stuff to explain, you always do. Just let me breath for a little while alright?

I'm sorry, love. Carli I really am. Don't push me away please. You know I love you with all my heart and soul.

Hard to see when you lie to me everyday. A real relationship is built on trust, which I don't think I can trust you right now. Contact me if you have updates on my father and brother, other than that leave me alone.. Please.. x

I clicked on the send button, tears blurring my vision. All throughout the day I didn't get a single text from him, but I did practically break up with him. I got out of my final class and groaned, my body hurt and I still needed to go grocery shopping.

"Hey!" I heard Zayn call. I turned around, smiling big as he ran to me and scooped me up in a hug. "Finally I get to see you! How have you been?"

"I could be so much better.." I trailed off.

"Trouble in the relationship department?" Zayn wondered. I nodded at him, smiling softly as I shrugged. "Where are you headed to?"

"The market, I need food."

"How about I drive you so you don't have to carry them all? Come on." Zayn said coaxing me soothingly. I followed him to his car, getting in and thanking him. "You're welcome. I honestly enjoy grocery shopping."

-

Packing all of my groceries away, I looked around the quiet apartment and sighed. Zayn left me alone, since he was still working at Ron's building. I slowly walked to the couch and curled up in a ball, squeezing my eyes shut as I let tears fall....

What have I done?

I'm sorry guys this was short and un-eventful.. I'm not having the best day.. It's been really crappy and sad. It honestly feels like I'm always being shot down. I'm not going to ask you all a question since I feel like I force you into something you don't want to do. I promise the next chapter will make up for it.. Trust me.

I hope you all had a happy monday!

Now... I'm saying goodbye to you now.. I'm going to go listen to my Frank Sinatra record and drink some tea. ^.