CHAPTER 41

HARRY STYLES

I wiped the blood that was oozing from my lip, my body filled to the rim with anger. How dare they take me in front of my girlfriend and throw me in a dirty tiny cell? After all, I was innocent. Did they actually think I could shoot- never mind, that isn't the point. The floor was dirty, my skinny jeans matted with mud. My hair was a ratted mess and I was about to kill someone.

"Harry Styles! So nice to see you again, son." A deep voice rumbled. I groaned under my breath and slowly stood up. Why did it seem that everything was going worse by the hour? I was worried about Carli, since it's been a full 24 hour time period since I was shipped off. "I heard what you did."

"I didn't do it." I seethed.

"Your anger isn't better, it seems." My ex-boss said, his grin lightning in the dark. My hands flung to my face to cover my eyes as the bright lights snapped on. My anger was great, thanks for asking.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, swallowing my rude comments I so badly wanted to say. I watched him as one of his men put a steel chair down, his old body slowly sitting down. His hand was clutched to his walker, his body shaking slightly. I mumbled a soft thank you as a chair was sat down for me, my legs aching as I stretched them out. "The last time I checked you wanted nothing to do with me."

"Styles, please. Control your mouth." He threatened, leaving my mouth empty of any rude comments. "I heard what you were accused of."

"I know. I-"

"I know you didn't do it," he intruded.

"I- Wait what?" Did he actually believe me this time? Out of all the years I worked with him, this was the moment he choose to believe my words? My eyes went slightly big, my lips turning into a frown. This has to have a catch, I'm sure.

"I know you didn't do it." Ex-Boss repeated. "I heard all what happened and actually, to be honest, I had some of my men follow you ever since you arrived in Paris. You have a pretty lady, I must say."

My jaw clenched. "Oh, stop. I'm not going to snatch her away, Styles. Anyways, back to the point. My men said you were thrown off guard and were helping victims. I wanted to thank you for helping that older woman, she was my wife."

The image of the older lady I helped came flowing back, my head nodding. See, Styles, this is what you get for being a good person. You should try it more often. "She told me that you were a helpful young lad and I think you saved her life. I know you're going to ask how a old retch like me caught a woman." He chuckled, slowly stopping when they turned into a deep throaty cough. "Anyways, I looked into it more and found out that the shooters are American, and one of them is with you."

"What?" I mumbled. "Tell me more, I'm listening to you."

"You think he's with you, but he's against you. I think his last name starts with an 'O'."

"Oliver." I hissed. He was working with Liam, after all. I couldn't hate him any more now.

"Ah, yes. That's his last name. Anyways, we looked up through his calls and found a number he'd been calling constantly. It's linked to the forest- which doesn't make any-"

"Does it give you the exact location??"

"Well, yes. But why does that matter?"

I told him what was going on with Carli's father and brother, everything that had happened till the day I left America. Boss' looked at me, his eyebrows raised. "Great, so you want revenge I bet."

"Believe me, I'd love to kill all three of them."

"Good. Because Oliver killed one of my men and went against my back so I'll be glad to join forces with you. This isn't a set up, I promise Styles. And he shot my wife, which doesn't make me happy at all."

"Join forces?" I asked.

"Yes. We'll muster up a plan and carry it out together. You want the two men, I want Oliver. Hitting all three will make both our lives better."

"I guess we have a deal, but if this doesn't work?"

Boss' looked at me, his eyes staring into mine. With firmness, he said; "Then you can kill me and take my gang."

"What do I have to do? I'll be in Paris for just another week." I mumbled.

"That's all the time we need, Styles. I'll meet with you later, I'll be in touch." We talked further in detail for about an hour, finishing finally when the cop said it was time for lights out. As Boss' walked out, I watched him as he stopped, turning back to face me. "That girl, what's her name?"

"Carli."

"She's a very beautiful girl."

"Thank you."

"Don't worry about her.."

"Why? I'm stuck here and not with her. Oliver is free and the good guy is stuck in a little cell."

"I'm watching out for her, I have my men protecting her. And, I forgot to tell you, walk out."

"Huh?"

"Walk out. I payed your bond." My eyes went wide, jeez, he's changed. "But, come by my office before you go see your girl. I need to tell you more details about this Oliver man. He's much stronger than you think."

"I have a feeling he's going to be my next worst nightmare.."

\