CHAPTER 66

CARLI

I shook my head at Harry in disgust, the shirt looking like a sack on me. Harry chuckled and shook his head, agreeing with me. "Okay. I think we have enough clothes for awhile. But when the bump grows bigger, you'll need to come back and shop." Harry said, looking at the two carts that were full with maternity clothes. I let out a giggle and walked back into the dressing room, undressing out of the ugly shirt and putting my comfortable one back on. I fixed my hair and grabbed the rest of the clothes, walking out to Harry. I gave him the ones that we were going to buy, handing the other ones to the female worker. She sent me a soft smile, her eyes looking at Harry. Her gaze was hungry, which made me angry.

"Excuse me." I hissed at her, sending her a glare. She blushed and turned her back, my hand gripping Harry's arm as I rolled my eyes. Harry chuckled and pressed a kiss to my cheek. 

We walked to the cash register area and slowly paid for everything, Harry's driver helping us carry the bags. 

"We need to get ready for the funeral. It starts in about two hours." Harry said as we arrived home. I watched Harry set everything on the bed, his face contorted as he was thinking to himself. I plugged in my curling iron and curled my hair, my make up following. I did it light, my colored lipstick matted against my lips. I wiped a little off so it wasn't so thick. I slipped into my black dress, my bump prominent in it. 

"Harry can you help me zip this dress up?" I asked. Harry walked out of the bathroom in just a towel and nodded, his soft fingers brushing against my back as he zipped the dress up. His lips kissed my shoulder softly.

"There you go."

"Thank you." I smiled and sat down on my bed, looking through my shoes. I slipped on heels and slowly stood up, my hands brushing my dress down over my bump. I slipped on my jacket and tied it up, finally ready for the funeral. I looked over at Harry and frowned. He was wearing all black, black jeans, black shirt and black leather jacket. He didn't look dressy enough, but he still looked good.

"What? I don't like them so I don't care." Harry said, his voice kind of cold. I shut my mouth and grabbed my purse. I walked to the living room and waited for Harry. As he walked out, he took my hand and walked us down to his car. Helping me in, he said nothing. 

"Harry? What's wrong?" I asked him, putting my hands on his face. He looked at me and took a deep breath, letting it out so it fanned over my face.

"I just.. I don't want you to go." Harry finally said.

"Why?"

"I asked Karl if your mom would be there and he said she was. I don't want her to hurt your feelings. I want to protect you and--"

"Harry." I whispered, kissing him so he would stop talking. "I'll be fine. Trust me okay?"

"It isn't about not trusting you. It's about--"

"Harry, please. Stop. I'll be fine. Just get in the car so we can go, alright?" Harry groaned and lightly nodded, his eyes looking everywhere but at me. I shut my door and watched him slowly make his way to his side, getting in quickly. 

The ride to the funeral was quiet, my mind replaying all the good memories I had with Liam. I miss him. So much. I don't miss the monster he was, but I miss the guy who would use to play marbles with me in the backyard. Who told me if I ate watermelon seeds, a watermelon would grow in my stomach and burst. I rested my hands on my bump, taking a shaky breath. I knew why Harry had to kill him, but a part of me is asking if that was the right thing to do. Was it possible that Liam could change? My heart ached when I realized that my baby wouldn't have an uncle. I sniffled softly, my hand wiping my tears away quickly.

"What's wrong princess?" Harry asked, his hand resting on my thigh as he drove.

"I just realized I have no family left.. I mean I have my mom but she hates me. She turned all my family against me. So I have no one." I said, my voice cracking. We parked at the cemetery, Harry quickly getting out and coming over to my side. He helped me out, holding me as I sobbed against his chest. I squeezed my eyes shut and let the tears flow, my heart aching.  Harry's strong arms were wrapped around me, holding me up in case I got weak. Several minutes passed until I was finally able to stop crying, Harry helping me fix my make up. I giggled softly as Harry put tissues in my coat pockets, his lips placing little kisses all over my face. 

"I love you." Harry said, grinning.

"I love you too." I smiled and took his hand, walking beside him as he led me to where the burial was being placed. I looked all around and saw old friends of Liam's, family members and unknown men--probably members of Liam's gang. I stood alone as Harry walked up to a man, whispering something in his ear. I looked around and my eyes fell on the woman who practically ruined my life. Her lips were turned down in a frown, her eyes staring at her deceased husband and son's casket. She looked rather happy, which made me confused. She was the one begging my 'father' to stay with her. I rolled my eyes and looked back at Harry, Karl next to him pointing to behind the crowd. I moved slightly so I could see what they were looking at, confused to see a girl in tattered clothing. Her blonde hair looked as if it hadn't been washed for months. I looked at Harry confused, only receiving a smile from him. I stared at the girl again, who could she be? I groaned to myself and sighed. I hope it wasn't an ex of Harry's.