CHAPTER 60

HARRY STYLES

I looked at the dead body of Paul, satisfaction taking over my senses. I had shot him execution style, his voice begging for me to give him mercy. Mercy? For a monster? I think not.

I wiped my hands on a towel and looked around, my men looking for something to do. I looked over at Karl and motioned him closer. He nodded, slowly walking over to me as a few of my men dragged Paul's body away. "It's finally done." Karl said, a huge grin on his face. I didn't smile, I just nodded and pulled my hair into a bun. Killing the two did nothing for my broken heart. It didn't automatically win Carli back. She didn't even know yet.

"Check the basement." I ordered, his eyes falling on me. They studied me for a moment, slowly nodding.

"Mate.. You look horrible. Don't worry, you'll have your family back soon." He patted my back, which I shrugged off slightly. I shook my head and grabbed my keys.

"I'm going to my office to do the death notices. If you have any problems or you find something, come see me." I said, emotion leaving my voice. Karl smiled and nodded, waving as I walked to my car. Getting in, I couldn't help but smell the perfume Carli wore. I took in a deep breath, my eyes closing. My car still smelt like her, which surprised me because it's been a month and a half since she left me. I hit the steering wheel with my palm, tears threating to spill. I started the car and raced back to my office.

I parked in my spot, getting out and shutting my door. I was exhausted and was desperately in need of a shower. I locked my car as I slowly walked to the entrance, my eyes glued to the floor.

"I know where she's at." I heard a voice call. I froze, looking back and seeing Zayn sitting on his car. I turned to face him and watched him.

"Don't tease me.. Okay? I know she's gone and I can't save her." I said sadly. "I know you don't like me but stop. I'm already depressed as it is."

Zayn watched me for a moment, his eyes searching mine for a sign if lying. Which, to my surprise, I wasn't. Zayn sighed and.ran his hands through his hair. "I'm not teasing you. I've been thinking hard and this wasn't fair of us to do to you. Yeah you messed up but we forced her to do this. The only reason she did was to get away from everything for awhile. It was my idea to not tell you and to send her off to another country."

"Another country?!" I shrieked. My pregnant girlfriend is not in America? Great. Just great.

Zayn scowled at me and got off of his car. "Yes. Another country. We had to put her somewhere you couldn't find."

I can't fight with that one..

"Anyways, here is her address. Don't surprise just yet, Niall told me she's still processing everything."

I nodded, "does she have a baby bump yet?"

Zayn looked over at me as he opened his car door, a smile on his face. "Yeah, a little one."

"Before you go.. I need to tell you something."

"Yeah?"

"I killed Liam and Paul." I whispered. Zayn quickly looked at me surprised.

"No way! Seriously? Thats awesome!" Zayn said, fist bumping me. "I will come by another day so you can tell me, right now I have a meeting with your dad. Supposedly he's giving me a better job position."

"You know, if you wanted to come work with me I could really use you." I said as I shoved my hands in my pockets. "You wouldn't have to kill anyone."

Zayn chuckled and shrugged. "Maybe I will if your dads offer sucks. I'll keep that in mind, thanks mate."

I nodded and turned around, slightly walking aways a bit. "Hey Zayn?" I said, turning back. He looked out his window.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks. For this.." I held up the address and sent him a soft smile.
"No problem." Zayn said, smiling. I watched Zayn drive off, my heart finally feeling something.

Don't worry baby. I'll come and save you.

CARLI

I sat on the couch, my hands softly rubbing the little bump that I had. I couldn't feel the baby kicking, but I could feel that the baby was alive. I calculated the time and found out i was 18 weeks pregnant. My bump was small, very small and wasn't that noticeable if I wasn't wearing something tight. I was having morning sickness and food cravings, nothing too serious.

My heart was still broken over Harry, secretly wishing that he would come and sweep me off of my feet. We could be a family. But I knew he didn't want to be a father so I was on my own. I slowly got up and walked to the kitchen, slowly cutting up a papaya for myself. Eating a slice, I licked my fingers as the sweet juice of the fruit made a mess everywhere. I looked out the window, the frost on it indicating that it would be a cold day.

"Good morning. How are you feeling?" Niall asked as he walked into the kitchen, his hands rubbing his eyes slowly.

"Good." I said through a mouthful of papaya. "Hungry though."

Niall smiled and got out some eggs. "I can make breakfast. Get the mail will you?"

"Of course." I sent him a smile and made my way to the front door. Opening it, I was face to face with a girl my age. She had a warm smile on her face, her hands holding envelopes.

"Hi. I live in the cottage across from you and I got these envelopes in the mail addressed to a Carli?" She said. "That must be you! Carli Styles?"

I froze.

He put his last name on there.

I sucked in a breath and sent her a soft smile, taking them from her. "Thank you. I don't know why these would be--"

"Carli? Who is at the door?" Niall called. Niall came out of the kitchen and saw the girl, his eyes lighting up and a smile tugging on his lips. "Well hello there. What's your name?"

"Katie. You can call me Katie or Kate." Katie said, her smile shy. I stood there and watched the two of them, giggling at how Niall was mesmerized by the beautiful stranger.

"I'm making breakfast for me and my best friend. Want to join?" Niall asked as I slowly walked to the living room, ripping the envelopes open.

"I don't want to be a burden to you two." Katie said.

"No such thing. Come in, it's cold out." Niall helped Katie in, her smile never leaving her face. They went into the kitchen, their voices just mumbling as I grabbed the paper from inside. My eyes scanned the words, my jaw dropping.

Carli,

We are sad to inform you that your father and brother have passed away. Harry misses you deeply, don't think he doesn't want you. The funeral is next week. Hope to see you there.

Oh, and yes, they're actually dead.

With love,
Karl.

Xo

I screamed happily, finally knowing I was safe from the two monsters. I started crying, both happy and sad. Happy that Harry went through with his promise, sad that I wouldn't have a brother anymore and that Harry wasn't here to hold me-- while watching my baby bump grow with our child.

Harry.. Come back to me. Please. Save me.

I need you.