CHAPTER 49

CARLI

I stared out the window as Zayn drove to the destination Harry was supposed to be at. My arms were sore from the harsh contact from him and my tears were no longer coming. My sadness was washed away, anger filling the void. How dare Harry lay a hand on me and then just leave? I wanted to punch Harry, to show him that I wasn't someone to mess with. But who was I kidding? I could never size up to Harry.

"You okay? You've been kind of distant." Zayn announced as he took a right turn. The sun was setting and the two of us were driving to an unknown place in the outskirts of Paris. Instead of the busy streets there was tall trees clumped together.

I looked over at Zayn and nodded my head, a thin smile on my lips. A deep pain was starting in my lower abdomen and I was confused at what was wrong, but I just brushed it off as nerves. I pushed some of my hair out of my face and looked back out the window. "What's the plan again?"

"What did Harry say to you?" Zayn asked as he leaned back in his death, his eyes glued to the road. A few cars zoomed past us, leaving us the only car for awhile.

"He didn't want me to come." I said simply, not wanting to go into detail. Zayn nodded and finally fell silent.

-

I got out of the car, the air whipping around me violently. My breath caught in my throat at the sight of Harry and Karl standing in a grove where trees were forbidding to grow. The air was chilly and my thin jacket didn't help at all. Zayn pulled me to a thick tree, our bodies easily hidden. Harry looked over, his mouth opened as he said something to Karl. Karl shook his head and shrugged, pointing to the left where a man stood. His thick arms were pressed against his chest, his face contorted in a boring way. I looked over at Zayn, his hand indicating he wanted me to follow him. I nodded and crawled to a thick bush, Harry's conversation finally being heard. 

"When is Holdon going to be here?" Harry asked Karl, who looked down at his watch. 

"About ten minutes. I guess Carli didn't come with you?" Karl asked Harry. At the mention of my name, I moved some twigs so I could see the two better, but still not clear. The smell of rain and earth filled my nose, my head pounding at the lack of sleep I've had. Zayn tugged on my sleeve, shaking his head. I wanted to jump up, but instead I crouched lower and moved the twigs a little less. 

"Do you see her?" Harry snapped, his glare like death-- cold and hard. Karl shook his head and mumbled something under his breath.

"What did you say?" Harry asked, his body completely facing Karl.

"I said that you must have done something wrong. You're being pissy and mean."

"Why do you think it was me this time? Maybe it was Carli."

"Hardly doubt it, mate." Karl shrugged as the unknown man walked up to the two of them. 

"He's on his way." His voice was deep and raspy, making chills go down my spine.

"Great. We'll be watching." Harry informed. "A reminder, if you mess up or play us-- you'll be dead. I'm not kidding."

The man nodded and turned his back on them, Harry pointing somewhere close to where Zayn and I were crouched. I looked at Zayn, his face panicked. He quickly snapped a hold of my hand and slightly got up, tugging me to somehwere else. I fell to the ground, a whimper falling out from my mouth. my jeans ripped, crimson coming from the freshly cut wounds. My head shot up at the voice of Harry coming closer. "Did you hear that?"

I heard Zayn curse softly and pull me the rest of the way, my eyes glued to Harry the entire time. Harry walked a little ways and looked around, one of his hands clutching a gun tightly. My eyes went big, my breath catching in my dry throat. I took a deep breath and licked my lips as Harry shrugged, his fingers running through his messy locks. 

"Going crazy." Karl said, checking his gun.

"Sure. I swear I heard Carli." Harry mumbled. 

"Don't let her distract you, mate."

"Right. Right, sure." Harry agreed, nodding his head quickly. His hands fumbled in his pockets and breathed out as he pulled a Cigarette and a lighter from his pocket. Putting the stick in his mouth, his right hand covered the butt of the Cigarette as he lit it. Breathing in, Harry removed his hand and puffed out smoke.

"Dude, when did you start smoking?" Karl asked.

"Since you became a pain in my-"

Karl quickly bent down, grabbing Harry and slamming him down beside him. Harry cursed loudly, which made Karl send him a cold glare.

"Shut up you twat." Karl hissed. Harry elbowed him as he looked in front of him, his face falling serious. I raised my eyebrow and looked to where he was looking, my hand clutching Zayn's arm tightly as Oliver-- did I hear Harry call him Holdon?-- walked into view. His lips curved into a smirk as he saw the man, his arms outstretched in a friendly manner. 

"Felix, so good to see you!" Oliver bellowed as he sat down his briefcase. His arms wrapped around Oliver and patted him on the back, Felix not hugging back. "Sorry my friend, I forgot you aren't a touchy person."

"No games, Holdon. Do you have what I need? What you promised to give me?" Felix said, his hands slipping into his pockets. I looked from the two to Harry, watching him. A smirk was plastered on his face and his eyes were darker than usual. 

"My plan is working." I heard Harry deeply whisper. 

Holdon looked up at the slightly dark sky and laughed. "Of course I do! Who do you think I am?"

"My personal views on you do not matter in this interaction, Holdon. Why are you so giddy?" Felix asked, not really caring. 

"Because I heard that my love is single, do you know how that makes me feel?"

"What are you taking about?"

"Harry and Carli broke up, and you know how a woman boasts my numbers in the gang. You know Harry did it, so why can't I. I suppose that she needs to like me, and she doesn't. But I can threaten her, right?"

Harry's fists were clamped and His jaw was set tightly. Oh, he was mad but he can still abuse me? Whatever.

"Not a good idea."

"Don't care. I'm not here to talk relations with you, I want you to give me something I want." Holdon explained. 

"What? I'm here because you have something I need. Not the other way around." Holdon chuckled, his hands grabbing a gun from his back pocket and aimed it directly to where Harry and Karl where hiding.

"You two are idiots." Holdon smirked. "I knew you guys were here. I saw your car, Harry. And I watched you leave Carli's hotel."

Harry growled under his breath and stood up, Karl following him. "You're a stalker."

"And you're going to die."

Harry laughed and shook his head, making Holdon look confused. Karl slipped away, Holdon staring at Harry. Karl quickly went behind Holdon as Holdon's hands faltered on the gun. Taking his chance, Karl quickly attacked Holdon, taking the gun and chucking it at Felix. Felix quickly caught it, pointing it at Holdon.  

"Oh I see. Everyone is against me." Holdon snapped, his voice quivering in fear. 

"When I kill you, I want you to remember one thing. Carli was never yours and never will be." Harry spit out at the ground, his gun slowly pointing to Holdon. "Tell your dad hi when you get to hell." 

Holdon fell to the ground, stumbling back. "P-Please-"

I couldn't take it anymore. I can't let Harry do this. 

"Stop! Harry!"