CHAPTER 65

HARRY STYLES

I looked over at Carli as we stood in the New York Airport, waiting for our bags to arrive. Her hands were lightly pressed against her bump, a smile on her lips. She looked like she was glowing, her skin softer than I remembered. I rested my hand on the small of her back, her gaze coming up to meet mine.

"Are you hungry, baby?" I whispered, lightly kissing her ear. Carli nodded as she pointed to our bags that were coming into view. I nodded at my driver, watching him as he took our bags and set them on a luggage cart.

"Why'd you get a driver?" Carli softly asked, not wanting Hayden to hear.

I chuckled under my breath and took her hand, following Hayden to my car. "Because I'm lazy. And he's a built in body guard, too. Lucky us."

"Why would we need protection?" Carli asked, her brows furrowed together in confusion. I shook my head, not wanting to talk about it at the moment. She nodded slightly, her hand squeezing mine softly. I opened Carli's door and picked her up, swiftly putting her in and helping her buckle up. I looked at her and brushed the hair out of her eyes.

"I don't feel so good. Can we go to the apartment so I can get some sleep or something?" Carli said softly, her skin slightly pale.

"Of course princess." I whispered. I lightly kissed her nose and walked around the car, meeting Hayden with a smile.

"Hey mate." I said giving him a bro hug. He chuckled and patted my back.

"She's a cutie, you weren't lying." Hayden said.

"What can I say? I got lucky. But I meant it when I said I wanted you to protect her. Even more now that she's pregnant." I told him.  He nodded as I got in, buckling up and turning to Carli. Her head was against the window, her eyes shut as her chest moved up and down. I smiled as she slept, her hands resting in her lap. I talked with Hayden as he drove us to the apartment, I moved Carli gently against me. I smiled as she snuggled into me, her head resting on my chest. I rubbed her back softly, falling silent.

As we arrived at the apartment, I carried Carli up and sat her down on the bed. Her body wrapping in the blankets, a soft sigh falling from her lips as the sheets smelt like me. I walked down to Hayden and helped him carry the luggage upstairs. Setting it in the living room, I gave him a tip for the help and watched him walk down to the car. I turned and walked back to our bedroom, standing in the doorway and watching Carli smile in her sleep. 

Thinking Carli will be hungry soon, I walked to the kitchen and started making some pasta. I put my hair in a bun and looked at the boiling water, pouring the dry pasta into the liquid. Sprinkling some salt in it, I grabbed a utensil and stirred. 

"Harry?" I heard a weak voice. I looked over and watched as Carli sat up in bed, her face ghost white. I quickly ran to her, scooped her up and ran to the bathroom. Setting her down in front of the toilet, I lifted up her hair as she started throwing up. Carli gripped the toilet tightly, her knuckles turning white. 

"Shh. Just let it out. You'll be okay." I hummed to her. I could hear her whimpering in disgust. I kind of felt bad, it was my fault she was sick. I let out a soft sigh as she finished puking, her eyes looking up at me weakly. I flushed the toilet and helped her up. "How about I start a warm bath for you? You can relax while I make dinner."

"That would be great." Carli whispered. I nodded and plugged the tub, pulling the hot water knob down. I put in some lavender scented bath soap, watching as bubbles formed and the smell engulfed the acid smell of puke. I opened the window, a gust of cold dry air puffing into the room. I helped Carli take off her clothes, watching her as she slowly sat down in the water, her body engulfed in the bubbles and water.

"How does that feel?" I asked, sending her a smile.

"Good." Carli giggled. "I do have to ask you something though, when is the funeral for the two of them?"

"Tomorrow. Think you want to go?" I asked, leaning against the counter.

Carli lifted her hands and put her sweaty hair in a messy bun. "I think I should, but I don't want to."

"I understand. I have to be there, I'm giving a speech." I scoffed.

"But why? You're the one who killed them." She giggled. I watched her take her hair out of the bun, her head vanishing under the water. She was right. Why would they want me to give a speech? I shrugged to myself as Carli came back up, taking a deep breath as she pushed her wet hair out of her face.

"You're right. I don't know why." I chuckled as I walked to the kitchen, leaving the door open so Carli could talk to me.

"Do you think my mom will be there?" I heard Carli say. I drained the pasta and stood there, the steam hitting my face.

"I don't know baby.." I trailed off. I put the pasta back into the pot and sat it on the stove.

"I don't think I want to see her. She'll probably say a nasty comment about me being pregnant." Carli mumbled, so I could barely hear her. I started making the sauce, not knowing what to say to Carli. Her mom probably will be rude about it, but I'll protect her. I can't save her from hearing all the comments, but I can be here to pick her up and hold her. 

CARLI

After about thirty minutes in the bath, I slowly got out and dried myself off. I walked to the bedroom and slipped into clean undergarments. Putting Harry's sweats on, a baggy shirt and my wet hair braided-- I was ready to relax and dread tomorrow. I wanted to go, to say goodbye to Liam. But I don't care about my father. 

I sat on the couch and thanked Harry as he handed me a bowl of pasta. Laying my legs on Harry's lap, I smiled and took a bite. 

"I don't have to go into work tomorrow. Want to go maternity clothes shopping before the funeral?" Harry asked as we ate.

"Yeah. I do need clothes." I giggled.