CHAPTER 56

HARRY STYLES

I frantically looked around the hotel room, Carli nowhere in sight. I had messed up, badly. My instincts told me to run, to get away from the problem. So I did. I let my demon take over and I ruined Carli. I ruined her.

I hurt her deeply, so deep that I think she could carry a grudge on me for the rest of her life. I hated myself. I hated the world and I hated the fact that one moment Carli and I were happy, the next she was sobbing because I messed up. I always messed up. I didn't want anything to happen to Carli and here I am rejecting her and our baby.

Our baby.

I can't believe what she told me. She was pregnant and deep down I was happy. A reason to change my life around... But darkness settled over the happiness. Questions like if the baby would get in the way of the gang, or Carli could have a miscarried pregnancy. Even worse, I questioned Carli's loyalty.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead and took a shaky breath, my heart thudding against my chest. I quickly looked around once more and let out a sob, the realization if her absence making my feelings pull into the deep darkness of depression. I quickly grabbed my phone and dialed Carli's number. Hearing it go straight to voicemail, a soft sob escaped my lips.

"Hi this is Carli. Sorry I can't come to the phone right now. I'm probably painting my life away or doing something spontaneous. Please leave your number and message. I promise I will get back to you!"

I listened to the voicemail, my heart aching as I put my head in my hand. If I couldn't get ahold of Carli, that means she's flying home. Only one person, really two, knows about her whereabouts.

Zayn and Niall.

I quickly ran to Niall's room, knocking hard and pounding on the door. Getting no answer, I cursed loudly and ran to Zayn's, repeating my actions. I let out a sob as I hit the door, no answer coming from his. I took a shaky breath and looked around, my eyes landing on two young students from the art class.

"What are you looking at?" I snarled.

One of the girls stared at me, her other friend looking away. "You won't find them back here. Zayn and Niall took Carli to the airport."

"Airport? How long ago?" I asked, regretting the fact I had used a harsh tone on them.

"About three hours ago. Sorry but they're already gone."

So they're hiding her...

I took the next flight home, my sights on finding Zayn.

*********************

"Where is she." I growled, taking Zayn by his shirt. I shoved him against the wall and pressed my hand to his throat. He just stared at me, a smirk plastered on his lips. It had been a week since I saw my baby walk away from me and the pain was still hard... Still very hard.

"You mean... You... Harry Styles.. Doesn't know where his pregnant girlfriend is?" Zayn laughed and the fell silent. "Oh wait... You broke her. You ended it because she got pregnant with your baby."

I shoved him against the wall harder and took ahold of his shirt. "You don't understand. Tell me where she is or I swear I will make your life a living hell."

"Like how your life is right now?" Zayn asked, cocking his eyebrow up. "I lost her in the airport. There was a huge crowd and I couldn't find her. She must be somewhere here or something. "

"That's a bunch of bullsh-"

"And even if I did know, I would never tell a monster like you where she's at. You played your turn, time to deal with the consequences."

"I will find her." I hissed as I let Zayn go. I stormed off and before I got to my car, I heard Zayn mumble something.

"I know you will.."

***1 MONTH LATER****

My eyes drooped as I sat in my chair, my surroundings busy while I was trying to take my mind away. A tap came to my door, I raised my hand and indicated for the knocker to come inside my office. I looked at the picture frame, it having my favorite picture of Carli sitting inside. I reached over and softly touched it with my thumb, my heart still broken and nonexistent from the night I walked out-- Carli vanishing after that.

I still had no word from her, Zayn not saying a word and Niall gone. I tried to say sorry to Zayn, but he shut me down and told me that if I was to say sorry to someone, it should be Carli. How could I say sorry to a girl who was hiding from me?

"Styles. How you doing?" Karl asked as he sat on my sofa. I looked over at him and took off my glasses, rubbing my eyes slowly. "You look horrible."

"Thanks." I said, emotion not in my tone. I sent him a glare and sighed as I grabbed a cigarette from my desk. I got up and walked out and down to my car.

"When did you start smoking.... Again? It isn't healthy and--"

"Look. I don't want you to be my mother, alright? Don't control my life or yours will end up badly." I snapped, putting the butt of my cigarette inbetween my lips. I digged for my lighter and slowly raised it to my mouth, lighting my smoke and taking a deep breathe. My lungs burned from the chemicals, my eyes watering slightly. But I didn't care. I was getting so black and dead inside that smoking was nothing compared to my soul.

"You know... You've changed since Carli left. I don't like it a bit." Karl stated. I sent him a cold look and shrugged.

"She isn't here, is she?"

After a moment of silent, Karl softly spoke up. "You miss her... Don't you?"

"Every second..." I whispered.

"Well good news.."

I looked over at him and didn't react.

"I know the exact location of Liam and Paul. And guess what? They aren't moving."

I looked at him with wide eyes. This is our chance. This is our time.

Its time for revenge and war.