CHAPTER 19

CARLI

I stared down at my untouched food, hearing Harry's deep voice as he talked with Zayn and Niall. I wanted to shrink away, to get away from everything that was happening. I had shut off my phone after I talked with Harry, scared that my father would call again and creep me out even more. I rubbed my forehead and eyes tiredly, a sigh leaving my mouth.

"Are you tired?" Harry asked me as he slowly batted his eyelashes at me.

I nodded, stuffing a now cold fry into my mouth. "Yeah, just a bit."

"You look horrible." Zayn admitted.

"Thanks." I scoffed, sending him an agitated look. Zayn chuckled it off, taking a huge bite of his cheeseburger. I looked down and picked up my burger, taking a little bite out of it. I was trying my best to ignore Harry, but it was hard. Everywhere I looked, my eyes always landed on him. And conveniently he was always looking at me.

"Carli, did you tell Harry about what you're going to be doing next week?" Niall said through a mouthful of food.

I sent him a cold glare, why couldn't the two of them shut up for once and not throw me under the bus? Maybe I didn't want to tell Harry about the trip. Harry looked at me, his eyebrows raised. His lips turned into a frown as he stared at me.

"What is he talking about?" Harry asked.

"Our art class is going to Paris next week." I mumbled. "I really want to go-"

"No." Harry butted in. I knew he would say no. That's why I didn't want to tell him. "Only on one condition."

I snapped my head up, my eyes staring into his with hope. "The condition is that I go. And we room together. I don't want anything to happen to you when I'm not there. I want to protect you and make sure that you're safe."

A smile slowly tugged on my lips and I nodded at his condition. "Okay. We leave Tuesday."

Since it was Friday, I only had four days to get everything ready. I take so long to pack, I should start packing tomorrow. I didn't even know what to take, which will make it even harder. "Tuesday? When?" Harry asked.

"We have to be at the airport at three in the morning." Zayn sighed. "Our plane leaves at five fifteen. Professor Tipton said to bring a bag of things to do on the plan so you aren't bored."

"I have everything I need." Harry said, sending me a heart stopping wink. My cheeks heated up, looking down so my hair covered my face. Why does he have to do this to me? I cleared my throat and began to eat the rest of my food, my appetite coming back strong. I ate as the three boys talked, giggling every once in a while at what they're saying.

The door bell rang as it was opened, my head turning to see who it was. Scoffing, I couldn't believe that Lara was here. Was she stalking Harry? Why did she have to ruin a night like this? I let out a shaky sigh, my body turning back around. Harry caught a glimpse of her, his face showing no emotions. Was I wrong about him having a relationship with her? When I met her, it was questionable because they had relations before. But does that mean they're having something now? I was scared of what the answer would be but I needed to know. I needed to remind myself that Harry was mine and no one else's. It wasn't fair that I have these thoughts about my own boyfriend, he's never cheated on me or showed me that he was un-loyal like that before. So why do I have feelings like this?

Could it be jealousy?

I didn't know. But whatever it was, I needed to get over it. To get over it I would have to get answers, from both of them. Lara walked up to our table and sat down next to Niall, stealing one of his fries. He sent her a dirty look, secretly asking who she thinks she is. I covered up a giggle with a cough, Harry sending me a look. I shrugged my shoulders at him, telling him I didn't care what he thought. Harry rolled his eyes, leaning back in his seat. I scowled at him, making him chuckle.