CHAPTER 9

CARLI'S P.O.V

I woke up to the sunshine filled room, the window open making the crisp air lift my mood. Smiling softly to myself, I looked beside me and found that Harry wasn't laying down next to me. I slowly sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. The smell of pancakes made my stomach growl, my hands reaching for my crutches. Slowly pulling myself up, I slowly crutched to the kitchen. As I crutched in, Harry's bare toned chest greeted me as he cooked.

"Good morning baby, how did you sleep?" He asked, looking back at me with a smile.

I lightly shrugged. "Better. What are you making?" I asked, crutching myself over to him.

"Banana Pancakes. I hope you're hungry."I nodded in reply, kissing his unshaven cheek. Harry smiled at me and helped me into a chair at the table. The table was filled with my favorite breakfast foods, how long did this take Harry to make? "How is your pain?" Harry asked.

"It's bad, but this is making me feel better." I replied to him, smiling. I sat a plate in front of me and dished up food for myself, giggling as Harry sat down two warm banana pancakes on my plate. Grabbing a fork, I began to shovel down the amazingly tasting food. I had no idea Harry was such a good cook, it was actually making him even more attractive. Harry sat down across from me, dishing himself his own plate of food. As we ate, he joked around and lifted my mood even more. I was happy that I had him by my side as I recovered and I was glad that he would be here all day today for me. As breakfast was gone, and my sides hurt from laughing- Harry slowly cleaned the dishes as I sat at the table.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked Harry as I watched him dry our utensils. He looked over at me, sending me a shrug.

"I don't know. I rented tons of movies for us to watch so we'll just be lazy today." Harry explained. "How does that sound?"

"It sounds amazing."I giggled, nodding at him. Harry leaned down to my level, pressing his lips to mine. Kissing him back, I heard him sigh against my lips as his phone rang with a call. Pulling away, he reached for it and answered.

"Styles."

It was silent for awhile, a deep voice on the other side of the call sounding urgent and mad. Harry looked at me, sending me a soft smile. I watched him walk out of the room, talking in a low voice so that I couldn't tell what he was saying. I let down my shoulders, looking down at my lap. I knew this was too good to be true.

It was several minutes when Harry returned into the room, his face emotionless. "I need to go down to the office today."

"But I thought that we were going-"

"I know what I said Carli. I'm sorry it just wont happen. I'm sure that you can find something to do while I'm gone." Harry said as he walked to the bedroom. Sitting there, I tried so hard not to cry. Why would he leave me for his work? He promised that he wouldn't do that. And now he wonders why I don't trust him when he says these things- because I'm always let down. Harry came back to the kitchen wearing a suit and tie, his hair pulled back into a ponytail. He poured himself some coffee in a to-go cup and stirred it with a sugar stick. His back was to me, no words coming out of his mouth. It was weird how his mood turned completely around, something must have happened. Which of course I don't know what it is, he never tells me anything about his gang activity. But in reality, I didn't want to know anything.

"I'll be back soon." Harry said as he grabbed his brief case. "Don't call me alright? Don't wait up for me, I'll only be gone a few hours."

And with that he walked out of the cabin and left me alone. I watched out the window as he disappeared into the forest, his phone glued to his ear. Sighing to myself, I looked around the kitchen and tried to master up an idea of what I would do today. Not wanting to be alone, I grabbed my phone and called Zayn, asking him if him and Niall wanted to come to the cabin and hang out for a bit.