CHAPTER 16

This chapter is dedicated to the amazing reader.. I mean.. Somone is based on her :D Love you guys!! xxxx

CARLI

My eyebrows furrowed as I heard a female voice speak. Who was she?

Slowly getting up from my spot, Harry sent me a look that stopped me dead in my tracks. When I no longer moved, his head snapped towards the door. "What are you doing here? I thought I told you to stay away from me." Harry seethed rather shortly to the unknown girl.

"I just need to talk to you, Harry." She said, almost pleading. I huffed slightly as I limped over to Harry, looking at the girl before me. Her brown hair was curly and slightly fuzzy, her stature short and to my surprise she had a country accent. Her eyes were red with crying, her hand clutching the purse that was pressed against her bulging chest. Her low shirt showed more than I liked to see, but yet something about her made me feel sorrowful. A bruise was forming around her eye, making my heart leap. Was she getting assaulted by someone?"

"I told you Lara, I don't want anything to do with you." Harry looked away from her, something was up between the two of them. Something that I didn't know about.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"You haven't told her, have you?" The girl asked Harry, her eyes falling on me, staring at me with cold emotions. "That's surprising."

"Lara, I swear." Harry hissed at her. "You have no right to tell Carli."

"Carli? Lovely name. Too bad Harry never told me about you, you must be one of his girlfriends?"

"One of? I'm the only one." I softly said, looking over at a fuming Harry. Harry looked over at me, his lips turning into a deep frown.

"Lara, please. Shut up for once!" Harry yelled. "You should have never came here!"

"I have no where to go Harry! You left me with nothing!"

"That wasn't a change, was it? You had nothing when I first started seeing you!"

Oh, so she was his ex. How wonderful.

Lara looked at Harry, her hands letting go of her purse slightly. "That is not fair of you to say about me, Harry. You know more about me than anyone."

Harry was silent, looking down at his boots. I looked from Harry to Lara, silently pleading for answers. Lara looked at me, sending me a small smile. "I'm sorry, Harry's the kind of man with many secrets. I guess I am one of them."

"Harry-"

"I don't want to explain to you right now Carli." Harry snapped, cutting me off. I gaped at the tone of his voice. "I should have told you but I didn't. It's not a big deal."

"Not a big deal?" I squeaked, tears flooding my eyes. "I guess I'm not important to tell you your secrets to?"

Harry looked at me, opening his mouth to say something. But it was Lara's voice that spoke, more soft than before. "Carli, I'm his ex-girlfriend. He and I have much history." Her tone was no longer rude, making my heart break even more knowing what she was telling was true.

"History is an understatement." Harry mumbled as he ran his fingers through his hair, not making eye contact with me- or even looking in my direction.

"I understand." I whispered as I let tears fall down my cheeks. I grabbed my crutches and swung my purse over my shoulder. Putting my crutches in the right place, I looked over at Harry who looked guilty.