CHAPTER 39

HARRY STYLES

~FLASHBACK~

I watched as Carli studied the catacomb wall, her eyes filled with sadness. I smiled to myself, my hands shoved in my pockets. My hair was tickling my shoulders, my breath coming out in a huff as my locks got into my eyes. Running my fingers through it, pulling it back as I did so. Carli looked over at the tour guide, Brian, and asked him a question. As they talked, I carried myself over to the corner, checking my phone to see if I had any connection so I could send Karl a quick text.

"No. They don't know." I heard a man mumble, frustration evident in his voice. I looked up, my brow scrunched together in confusion. Who was that?

Shoving my phone into my jacket pocket, I walked a little ways and looked down the hall- seeing Oliver glaring at the ground as he had his phone pressed to his ear. "He'll be framed, yes."

Framed?

He?

Who was he talking to? I drowned out all the other voices, only listening to Oliver. "I can't. They might suspect something if I act so soon. Why do I have to do this? She knows you more and he obviously doesn't trust me. Why not? I don't know, he's a hard head. I haven't done anything to him, his British accent is annoying if I might add- yes I know- Just- No! I know what to do. Liam- Stop. I know you want them both gone but you do know he's powerful?"

I scowled to myself, everything coming clear. I knew from the beginning that something was up with Oliver. And now, and now I know what it is.

Oliver is working with Liam.

~PRESENT TIME~

"This can't be happening. Liam has so many people working with him, will it work to just take him out?" Karl asked, shoving his face full with food. Why was he eating at a time like this? What was wrong with him?

My eyes scanned the place nervously, my leg shaking in a fast manner. My palms began to wet with sweat as I knew what was about to come. I had done something, supposedly to the French Police, that was against the law and I was waiting to be hauled away. Karl had told me while Carli was in the bathroom, knowing she would freak out. I wanted to scream and cry, did it really look like I had done what I was being accused of?