| 2 |

"As the full moon finds its place in the darkest of skies, love will uplift despair."

―Angie Weiland Crosby

33 years ago - Bosong, Euphoria

[Euphoria is another world]

The sound of somewhat amateur clashing of the steel swords melded with that of wooden swords as the students aged seven to thirteen were doing their sword practice. Normal beings weren't allowed to possess steel swords before the age of fourteen, only the ones born with a golden core had that privilege as they had special powers and were potent enough to handle the steel swords. Hence, the students at the open hall were grouped into two sections.

*The special energy/power of the beings with powers is stored in the golden core. It acts as a repository of power that one has and accumulates as they develop their skills during their lifetime. Normal people don't have a golden core*

Minutes later, it was twelve, the time for their practice to end. The students bowed to their master before dispersing.

'Kim Namjoon', the master called. Ten-year-old Namjoon who was about to head back to the castle looked back then walked to his master.

"Your skills are improving", the master patted Namjoon's shoulder. The younger's dimples showed as he was happy to hear it. He looked so cute and admirable that the master wouldn't have uttered the next words unless there was an absolute need.

"You could do great but first, you must focus more on having a clear perspective and a clear intent."

Namjoon looked at his master and nodded nervously.

"You can go now," the master smiled at him. Namjoon bowed and gave his master a positive smile before leaving. He did feel nervous but he wasn't the one to get discouraged that easily. He knew that his master's words must be important so he made a mental note to utilize them in improving himself.

One could make out that he was a royal by the way he walked and how compelling he looked in that nocturnal blue tunic. He tucked his steel sword into the belt of the tunic as he was on his way back to the castle. Where is he?

"Seokjin?"

He called but got no reply. Recognizing the laugh, he walked to the grassland nearby. He sighed at the sight Seokjin running in circles on the grassland, giggling. Is he really two years older than me? , he mumbled then his attention drifted to the grass.

The land had beautiful magical grass. It had green glitter all over it.

"Seokjin" Namjoon called.

"Yes", Jin responded, still running. He looked carefree and the smile on his face was like the purity of a colorful rainbow, his laughter a the sound of cadence harmony. His eyes were like a beautiful gleam of moonlight. Even with those simple clothes, he looked beautiful, so much so that the glitter on the grass almost seemed dull in front of him.

"I'm leaving if you don't walk out of there within a minute"

"You can leave brother.", Seokjin replied.

"Don't call me that. How many times do I've to remind you?"

Seokjin was used to calling Namjoon brother years ago when their relationship was like blood brothers until it veered to something obscure. He could never forget the first time Namjoon's uncle brought him to the castle four years ago. Namjoon was so kind and friendly to him, sharing all his toys, always trying to keep him company, always cheering him up. And now, he had no idea why Namjoon had become so cold towards him since the past two years.