| 14 |

"Gon, you are light. But sometimes you shine so brightly, I must look away. Even so, is it still okay if I stay at your side?"

- Killua Zoldyck

Seokjin spent the next three months by Taehyung's side, being there for him whenever he could

Seokjin spent the next three months by Taehyung's side, being there for him whenever he could. The rest of the time he had spent learning about the world, practicing Zeť, and venting out the energies.

Over those three months, he felt a spike in their bond. As if he could sense Taehyung's emotions and vice versa except he could control his and stop them from affecting Taehyung.

During the time he was with Taehyung, he didn't sense anything as a danger to Taehyung except the babysitter and Jung Woo being a bit careless with him. At such times, Seokjin ensured that Taehyung was safe.

Taehyung was so used to Seokjin that as soon as he could no longer see Seokjin he started to cry his eyes out. Even when Seokjin got back a few hours later, he would find Taehyung still having a crying fit. Seokjin realized that he would really have to get Taehyung used to him leaving. Not that he planned or wanted to do so often.

Even before Taehyung went to sleep, Seokjin had to be in his sight or he would never feel safe enough to sleep.

When Taehyung was eleven months old, he had started crawling and said his first word. His first word took Seokjin by surprise. He never found his heart skipping a beat just hearing someone say his name before.

It was 'Jii-". It wasn't really a word and he didn't say the complete name but even so, Seokjin was very happy and found it cute.

When Taehyung was a year and a half, he had started walking with the help of 'Jin'. He could now say the name properly. Jung Woo was confused when he heard that but most of the time he didn't notice. He didn't even know Taehyung's first words.

Over those months, Seokjin had grown more protective of Taehyung. He would've found ways to make Taehyung laugh and smile but just playing with him and being with him made Taehyung smile and laugh. It was the same for Seokjin, being with Taehyung made him extremely happy.

At times, he did miss Euphoria, its magical nature, his sword, and people. But he knew how everyone must be hating him and the ones who believed in him were all dead.

Seokjin who was sitting a few feet away from Taehyung, had a sad look on his face as he recalled those things. Taehyung walked up to him and placed the small hand on his cheek, interrupting his thoughts. Looking at Taehyung, Seokjin saw him pouting. He instantly regretted getting lost in those thoughts and smiled at Taehyung. Taehyung smiled back.

✧ ✯ ✧ ✯

When Taehyung had turned two and a half years old, Jung Woo decided that Taehyung no longer needed a babysitter. He thought of using that money to send Taehyung to the nursery.