| 63 |

Namjoon attacked Gyeongsu at midnight. The people of Gyeongsu had already prepared for the attack with whatever they could. They were trying their best. Dong Won was also fighting from Gyeongsu's side. He was capable of destabilizing the cores of people in the vicinity without direct contact at the cost of hurting his own core. He tried to temporarily destabilize as many cores as he could.

With Dong Won's help and by using the presence concealing technique, Gyeongsu's people managed to make it somewhat easier to handle the attack from the sides.

Everyone handling the front side, including Seokjin and Jungkook, faced a much harsher attack. Even the best fighters felt their life at risk every minute because their opponent had different kinds of powers.

Namjoon who was barely fighting at the back looked completely unworried. He had a few men with him including Jimin. He didn't let Jimin join the front line.

Jimin was losing his patience, frustrated that he couldn't help. He couldn't see Jungkook and was worried that they would be defeated before he went to the battlefield. He wasn't going to wait until the front line was defeated so he could join, he was trying to find ways to escape without thinking of consequences.

Time passed by and it was surprising how Gyeongsu's people still survived. The fighters from Bosong were decreasing in numbers but Namjoon looked unbothered. He smirked knowing that his army that initially attacked from the rear would soon join the front and it would be large in numbers.

✧ ✯ ✧ ✯

Taehyung had been restless and worried, thinking about what Namjoon would be doing to Gyeongsu and Seokjin. He wanted to be by Seokjin's side and had tried everything he could to get out of that place to the point his hands were hurting even with some of his invulnerability. The thought of Seokjin's life at risk and the evil that Namjoon would do to hurt everyone made him weak but also willing to do anything to stop it.

"Thank You," Taehyung heard the guards say.

He looked out and saw Hoseok giving them food.

"Don't say Thank You. Consider this as an early celebration. The King is going to win a war with Gyeongsu and kill someone that he hates the most, Seokjin," Hoseok cheered.

As the guards started to have the food, Hoseok walked towards the dungeon and put the food inside for Taehyung, smirking.

Taehyung hadn't eaten in a long time. He wasn't hungry. His worry and anger increased seeing Hoseok's actions.

"I never expected you to be this evil. Are you really that kind of person? I know you don't want to help but at least let me out. You know I'll die anyway. Please, I have to go. Please let me out, " Taehyung pleaded, still hoping Hoseok would listen.

"If you think you're going to die, you aren't trying hard enough."

"What do you mean?" Taehyung asked.

"You know there's a way, but you aren't sure if Seokjin would accept it. Because he cares about you, he would rather let someone die if it could save you."

Taehyung was taken by surprise. He wondered how Hoseok knew so much.

"But you know... If evil is defeated, people are going to die anyway," Hoseok said.

"Hoseok, what are you trying to do?"

"The same thing that we had been trying to do this whole time"

Taehyung felt anxious.

A guard was slowly approaching Hoseok from back and Taehyung didn't know why he still cared, "Hoseok, move away"

Hoseok just smiled.