| 64 |

Taehyung was sitting in his room, pulling his hair, wondering what happened.

Why am I here?

He was dying to know how Seokjin was.

"Those may be his last moments... I had to be beside h-" Taehyung shook his head, "What am I thinking! He is going to survive," he tried to console himself even when he knew it was impossible.

"I want to go back!"

He wondered if it was just a dream but everything felt so real. Maybe Seokjin had not existed for other people in the mortal world but he did for Taehyung. Seokjin had felt so real, Euphoria felt like a real thing. There was no way it was a dream.

He sat in his room frustrated and worried the whole night. Nothing changed,

Days passed by and he was reminded of Seokjin's words, Move on with life wherever it takes you.

He didn't want to move on, it was so difficult but he tried. He resumed working at the convenience store and resumed the story he had been working for. He tried to forget about Seokjin and Euphoria even when he knew that it wasn't possible. He was trying just for Seokjin. What he wished for was nothing compared to Seokjin's wishes, they meant everything to him. If given the chance, he would've suffered all his life if it meant bringing one smile to Seokjin's face.

✧ ✯ ✧ ✯

It was evening and Taehyung had come out for a walk. Just a while ago, he was confused about how to end the story he had been writing, he needed a break.

He passed by the convenience store he used to work at. A lot had changed, no one that he knew worked there anymore. He wondered where everyone would be.

"I haven't asked you to buy snacks for so long. So can you please buy me some jellies? Please!"

Taehyung smiled at how adorably the kid walking by was trying to persuade his father to buy him jelly.

"I should say no but... I just remembered... you got good grades and we never celebrated. How about going to a restaurant?"

That voice was familiar. Taheyung wanted to ignore and just continue walking but something made him stop. He walked to the man who was smiling seeing the smile on the kid's face.

"Mr. Jung Woo?"

Hearing his name, he looked at Taehyung.

Taehyung was taken aback when he saw how different Jung Woo looked. He looked healthy and happy. There was this certain glow on his face.

"Taehyung?" Jung Woo was surprised to see him.

"I didn't think I would meet you again," Taehyung said.

Jung Woo hugged Taehyung, "I hope you're doing well. So nice to meet you," he patted Taehyung and pulled back, "I'm sorry. I have been trying to change, I wish I had done it sooner. I wish I had been good to you"

"You know I cannot accept your apology after all that you did to me. But if what you are saying is true then it is better than an apology."

The guilt and shame were clearly visible on Jung Woo's face, "I understand. I cannot expect you to forgive me."

"Who is he? Why are you crying?" The kid asked.

"He is Taehyung. Your father has treated him... your father has hurt him and made him cry. And your father is going to regret it all his life. So don't feel bad. It has to be even, everyone has to pay for their wrongdoings."

"I will always be a good boy. You are never going to hurt me or leave me, right?" The boy asked, teary-eyed.

"I promise, I will never do that," he patted the kid's cheek and looked at Taehyung, "Right now, he means everything to me. Whenever I look at him I have this feeling... It gives me the strength to forget my past and move on. It makes me want to protect him at all costs. Maybe I have never felt this love in the past when I was too consumed with alcohol and material things. But now I understand the price of things that really mean something to me. I wish I had changed sooner"