| 15 |

Everything was okay till Taehyung was thirteen

Everything was okay till Taehyung was thirteen. Once he was fourteen, his eyes had turned into a distinct, royal blue color and most of the people had started to avoid him. They thought he was different and started to treat him differently. He lost even the few friends he had.

He started to avoid looking up into others' eyes to avoid others looking into his. Even in the class, he would look down at his desk and books most of the time and the teacher never complained.

When Taehyung was younger, Seokjin used to check on him even when he was at school but stopped once he went to seventh grade. He didn't want to invade Taehyung's privacy by always following him, everywhere. Also, he observed that Taehyung was mature enough to take care of himself, he made friends and there was no danger at school. So he had reduced spending time with Taehyung and had also stopped following him inside the school. Taehyung too had gotten used to Seokjin not being with him for hours unlike when he was small.

Now, when Taehyung was in ninth grade, he had not told Seokjin about the things that were happening due to the change in his eyes so even though Seokjin had noticed the change, he didn't have much idea how things were at school.

✧ ✯ ✧ ✯

It was evening and Seokjin was waiting for Taehyung.

It took a few more minutes for Taehyung to get home and looking at him, Seokjin could feel that he was troubled. He followed Taehyung inside the kitchen.

"Did something happen to you?" he asked.

Taehyung didn't know how to respond to that, he did not want Seokjin to worry. He felt that he was always a burden to him.

And what if he too stops talking to me?

Taehyung couldn't bear the thought of it. He looked at Seokjin, "Why don't I see you often?" his voice cracked.

Seokjin was confused, "I'll know when you need me. I'll be there. And I'm here most of the time. What made you ask that?"

"Are you just going to leave me one day? Are you just going to disappear from my life?" he asked, teary-eyed at the thought.

"I- I may not be with you all the time but I will never just disappear without any reason. Why are you thinking about such things? What happened?"

Seeing the worried look on Seokjin's face, Taehyung felt sad. He could never see him sad. And it wasn't like Seokjin was bound to stay with him. So he faked a smile, "Nothing. Maybe I'll be the first one to leave... you're twenty-three since- I don't know how many years... for how many more... I wish I could be like you."

Seokjin didn't utter a word, he had no way to respond to that. How could he tell Taehyung that they're the same, that they are from another world? He could never talk to Taehyung about Euphoria.