| 62 |

It was late evening and Jungkook was inside the room, reading a book. There was a noise at his window. He stood up and went towards it. A masked man appeared, making him flinch.

Jungkook was about to attack but something looked familiar.

"It's me"

"Jimin?!" he said, recognizing the voice, "Are you on the run? Is everything alright?"

Jimin jumped inside.

"What are you doing here? What happened?" Jungkook was surprised, he had never thought he would see Jimin climbing to his window.

"I'd something important to tell you"

"What?"

"Namjoon... he is thinking about a sneak attack on Gyeongsu. Probably tomorrow."

"Sneak attack?" Jungkook gulped, "For real?"

Jimin held his hand, "Yes, Namjoon is going to attack Gyeongsu. He wants to kill Seokjin and you all."

Jungkook was terrified by the news, "We aren't even prepared. I don't know how it will go. I need to tell Seokjin"

"Yes. You do and you find a solution. You cannot die, ok? Can you promise me?"

"I won't die, what are you even saying?"

"I believe nothing's going to happen to you both. I hope you'll be able to face it because Namjoon's attack is definitely going to be a dangerous one. He must be wanting to end this once and for all"

"Well...I don't know," Jungkook clearly looked stressed, "Thank you for informing me. But what about you? Will you be safe?"

"Yes. I'll be fighting from The King's side"

Jungkook felt guilty for still hoping that Jimin took some other decision. If not by his side then at least not fighting on any side. Because he was sure he would've done that if he was in Jimin's place. He wanted to believe that Jimin had a reason for fighting on the King's side.

"Ok, be safe," he said, still feeling a bit downhearted from Jimin's decision.

In the end, he knew it was safer for Jimin to fight from The King's side. He was even ready to help Jimin during the war even if it meant putting himself in danger.

He looked at Jimin and he could still see the person that he adored.

Jimin walked to the window.

"Wait. You don't have to go from there," Jungkook said.

"But it's fun and safer"

"Fun and safer?"

Jimin looked back, "And you need to know, this is not just an attack but he will bring an army of his strongest people. He most probably assumes that you already got the news from somewhere"

"Ok, got it. I don't know what's going to happen but we can't give up"

Jimin nodded.

"You know it's always been you, right? It's always going to be you," Jungkook said. He wished Jimin would say something back.

Jimin smiled and left without answering. He was afraid he would lose it if he stayed longer.

"And you asked me if there's one person I could travel the world with, who would it be? It's you"

He had been wanting to say it to Jungkook for a long time, but now, he couldn't. He didn't know if he would survive this and he thought Jungkook wouldn't be in much pain if he disliked him.