| 24 |

And if you say you're okay
I'm gonna heal you anyway

~ The Cure by Lady Gaga

Taehyung woke up feeling pain from the past two days of Jung Woo beating him up after coming home drunk and some part of it from the hurtful words Jung Woo and the students said to him

Taehyung woke up feeling pain from the past two days of Jung Woo beating him up after coming home drunk and some part of it from the hurtful words Jung Woo and the students said to him. Even though he had tried to treat the injuries, they still hurt him and would take days to heal.

He was emotionally broken as well, all of it came to him as a shock. He did know his life wasn't easy but things getting that worse, people suddenly treating him that harshly was almost unreal. So much pain at once seemed new to him.

That day, he and Seokjin had the same conversation they had two days ago and when Seokjin asked him about his future, Taehyung was really questioning himself, his thoughts about the future, how his life would be if Jung Woo keeps treating him like that. He also recalled how he had always tried to ask sober Jung Woo to stop coming home drunk but years had passed and he hadn't changed.

And after a lot of thought, Taehyung finally concluded that it was better to leave Jung Woo, if Jung Woo ever improves he might come back and apologize later but right now he wasn't in a position of deserving forgiveness. Taehyung had also realized that the people who threaten him could actually hurt him.

Thus, when Seokjin suggested that he should leave the apartment, leave the city and start a new life, he agreed. Then Seokjin told him everything about how he had planned it all out and that Taehyung was open to planning it his way. Wearing glasses that wouldn't let his eyes bother people was a temporary solution that they assumed just as a trial but Taehyung found it good.

Taehyung was glad that he had at least one person, who cared about him and tried to tell him that he belonged, convinced him to start a new life, moving on from the one he was living right now. Even after the shock that would have rather dragged him into the pit of despair, he found some hope.

Still, there was something that had been bothering him. He had a hunch that some things didn't fit. He had tried to ignore it but in the past few months, his suspicions increased. Also, Seokjin's behavior seemed a bit unusual for the past few years, even more so the past few weeks. It wasn't easy to notice but eventually, he noticed.

At times, he had found Seokjin trying to hide his pain, limp, and cough while holding his stomach. Even though most of the time, Seokjin did it secretly when Taehyung wasn't watching, Taehyung had caught him a few times. And the thing about Seokjin getting injured by things made it even stranger. Also, no person could get a sprain that many times.

Was Seokjin suffering from some illness? Did something from his past trouble him? He had no idea. And asking Seokjin about it was pointless since he wouldn't tell it. Taehyung had tried it before but Seokjin always had some believable acts and excuses.